I'm not new to the tablet world, purchased an iPad when first released (paid umpteen dollars to get it through ebay before it was released in Canada). I was addicted and it accompanied me to the office and on business trips....I loved it).

When the touchpad went on firesale, got one and put dual booting on it (android/webOS)..liked that one as well...but not as much as my dear old iPad. Then I got a samsung tab...that was nice too.

Because of the price drop on the playbook last fall, I got two. One for me, and one for my 88 yr old mother who has never even sat in front of a computer before. She lives on the east coast. She's addicted to her playbook! She initiates video chat with me several times a day....downloads apps....loves youtube...etc etc.

The Playbook is THE only tablet I use now. I don't remember when I last touched my iPad. It is far and above the best quality and I love the size.....try putting an iPad in your coat pocket haha. WAY TO GO RIM!!! (what does annoy the heck out of me is that the major retailers all but ignore this tab...well except for my experience with Staples..they were more knowledgeable).
    cheers to my fellow playbookers!
    Boodrew, stevepar, anindoc and 4 others like this.
    02-10-12 12:22 PM
    ^^ nice one
    Nothing can beat the portability of the PB.....
    02-10-12 12:32 PM
    Nice one.

Does your mom like games. Tell her to get Turbo Grannies!
    Shayme likes this.
    02-10-12 12:43 PM
    hahah that's a lovely one being so close with your mommy and she can use a PB on that age.
    you don't see it that much though, she is effen techy! cheers mate.
    Shayme likes this.
    02-10-12 12:47 PM
    Have to agree with you about Staples. i bought my 32G there when they were on sale for $299. The sales rep took me to the demo model which was actually connected and working and walked me through everything. Told me he owned one and would not use anyother tablet. My only regret is that I don't own a BB phone.
    Shayme likes this.
    02-10-12 12:58 PM
    ....... My only regret is that I don't own a BB phone.
    I know what you mean. My cell contract is up soon...I currently have an iPhone but will replace it with a bb10 when they are available...I think they're going to be worth the wait.
    02-10-12 07:56 PM
    I really like the 7 inch size. I've used my parents iPad and it's really nice. But I think the smaller is better for portability. That, and flash as I really only want it for web.
    Shayme likes this.
    02-10-12 08:07 PM
    Have to agree with you about Staples. i bought my 32G there when they were on sale for $299. The sales rep took me to the demo model which was actually connected and working and walked me through everything. Told me he owned one and would not use anyother tablet. My only regret is that I don't own a BB phone.
    Take the next step and buy that shiny new BlackBerry smartphone you have been eyeing for the past few weeks. The combination is definitely unbeatable especially with the hotspot capability of BBOS7.1.
    02-11-12 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD