Hey gang... for some reason, my Playbook is dead. Was working fine the other day, had it charging and it just seems dead.

Doesn't show that it's charging, won't turn on, doesn't register if I plug it into my laptop.

Any suggestions?

I know I got my new Blackberry 10, and maybe it was feeling a little neglected, but I really do still love my Playbook. How can I convince it to come back to me?

I would REALLY appreciate your help.

Cheers.
    02-10-13 07:12 AM
    Is your USB pin bent upwards?
    02-10-13 07:15 AM
    Is your USB pin bent upwards?
    Hmmm, how can I tell? It does feel a little loose.
    02-10-13 09:02 AM
    I know I got my new Blackberry 10, and maybe it was feeling a little neglected, but I really do still love my Playbook. How can I convince it to come back to me?
    You must do exactly this... if you are very sure that your connector is OK and not loose, charge your PB and let it stay for 3 hours... placed your PB and Z10 side by side... connect your PB to your laptop and open your Desktop Manager... now, while doing this, talk to your Z10... tell him exactly like this: "hey, I know you're great! and that you are new... but I still do love my PlayBook... and if BlackBerry will roll the BB10 to it, he will be great as you!"... you have to say this very convincing... otherwise, it will not work...
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    02-10-13 11:12 AM
    So, I figured it may be the micro USB issue since it is quite loose. So, I picked up a rapid charger to see if that would help.

Well, no luck. I left it on charge all night, this morning it wouldn't fire up.

Then I recalled something about a hard reset, holding down both volume buttons and the power button.

WHAM! The red light came on, and then the Playbook starting rebooting and came back to life!

Not sure what happened or why, but my buddy came back to me.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers.

Hopefully the Playbook and Z10 will become a pack soon.
    02-11-13 08:42 AM