I posted a thread yesterday about how I was considering buying a PlayBook.

After good input, I bought one. It was too cheap to pass up, and as a Z10 owner I really like what BlackBerry has done with their BB10 OS (otherwise known as QNX basically)

First impressions: really, really good solid build quality. I can see how BlackBerry was inspired to use the Z10 design based off their tablet design. Tight seams, nice weight, solid overall.

Installed the OS 2.1 update, and it's great. Smooth. Very impressive device, sad it didn't take off too crazy but it's also nice there is a large community behind it still.

Not too concerned about BB10 on the PlayBook, I bought it regardless if it ever comes or not. This device is a very good professional working tablet, feels pretty much what a mobile computing platform should feel like.

Overall for under $200 I'm satisfied. And the screen is really nice despite it being only 1024 x 600, must be IPS?
    05-29-13 11:53 AM
    32 or 64GB?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:57 AM
    yep, the PB is great value for money all things considered. Very good build too, i must admit. Loved the PB + 9900 combo personally. Hardly use it now sadly since I got the Z10. Glad to see you like the device, try picking up some accessories as they are pretty cheap nowadays, but some are hard to find. Regarding the screen, it's TFT.
    05-29-13 12:00 PM
    I'm glad you're liking your new PlayBook!

I've had mine for 2 weeks and am very pleased with it. I highly recommend getting a couple of rapid charging stands and HDMI cables for it. They're cheap on Amazon and really enhance the experience.

Enjoy!
    djmm2 likes this.
    05-29-13 12:10 PM
    32 or 64GB?

Posted via CB10
    32gb
    05-29-13 02:40 PM
    I'm glad you're liking your new PlayBook!

I've had mine for 2 weeks and am very pleased with it. I highly recommend getting a couple of rapid charging stands and HDMI cables for it. They're cheap on Amazon and really enhance the experience.

Enjoy!
    Why two chargers? Just asking in case I'm missing something.
    05-29-13 02:51 PM
    One for the office and another for home maybe?
    05-29-13 03:52 PM
    It's hard work going through life being as thick as I am. Thank you.
    KDB84 likes this.
    05-29-13 04:06 PM
    Bingo.
    05-29-13 04:10 PM
    Spend a little less time in the beet cellar and get some fresh air. It'll work wonders for the intellect!
    05-29-13 04:11 PM
    Spend a little less time in the beet cellar and get some fresh air. It'll work wonders for the intellect!
    Is that beet (root), beet (sugar) or just beet?
    05-29-13 04:17 PM
    Wow, you never miss a beet, do you?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 04:31 PM
    Wow, you never miss a beet, do you?
    I thnk that we have beet this dead horse enough

My PlayBook arrived from Amazon today, impressions.-beetdeadhorse.jpg
    05-29-13 05:18 PM
    Speaking of beets, they are ancient relatives of gooseberries. They stayed below ground while the berries migrated above ground. Somewhat like that beast that emerged from the primordial goo and formed you humans. Just to enlighten S_O_M....

So as not to be accused of hijacking, OP, You'll love the PB. It beets my Nexus 7 in many ways.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 07:27 PM
    Speaking of beets, they are ancient relatives of gooseberries. They stayed below ground while the berries migrated above ground. Somewhat like that beast that emerged from the primordial goo and formed you humans. Just to enlighten S_O_M....

So as not to be accused of hijacking, OP, You'll love the PB. It beets my Nexus 7 in many ways.
    I guess it is time to settle once and for all if you are a:

Monoecious plant

or a

Dioecious plant

And if dioecious what "di" are you?

While I know politics, religion and sex should never be discussed on a CB forum, we need the truth!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 09:32 PM
    Amen!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 09:33 PM
    Need at least one for each level of the house including the cellar.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 11:16 PM
    So this is what my sad life has become. Out edificated by a gooseberry, a cat, a talking house, a mobile phone, a plasma ball and a man with a fetishism for snow!

I'll be in my cellar if you want me for anything, like you might need a door propping open or something I can be useful for.......

(quiet sobbing noises and sound of cellar door slamming shut).
    05-30-13 08:13 AM
    So this is what my sad life has become. Out edificated by a gooseberry, a cat, a talking house, a mobile phone, a plasma ball and a man with a fetishism for snow!

I'll be in my cellar if you want me for anything, like you might need a door propping open or something I can be useful for.......

Please be careful and don't let the "basement" door hit you in the rear! (I just spent 15 minutes with various sites discerning basement v cellar - the things you learn on CB)
    05-30-13 08:40 AM
    Please be careful and don't let the "basement" door hit you in the rear! (I just spent 15 minutes with various sites discerning basement v cellar - the things you learn on CB)
    I can't hear you! I'm in my cellar!
    05-30-13 08:47 AM
    Lol, always love the back and forth that inevitably spawns when Sad Old Man enters the fray.

I used to think about the possibility of having two chargers, and even bought a rapid charger to supplement the PB wall charger since I was in fear of the USB getting too loose after two years of abuse... I had a rapid charger dock for a while (which was a pain as the connectors didn't always align despite being magnetic) but that was donated to a friend's friend whose PB was failing to charge off USB any longer. Then shortly after I bought the rapid charger, my main PB wall charger went to the girlfriend after convincing her to upgrade her Kindle Fire to a PB. So now I'm left with carrying my rapid charger in my lunchbox, which now serves more as an electronics repository to and from work than for food purposes - It contains my PB, rapid charger, LED Stinger flashlight, PSP and a few games, as well as pens and the like.

Congrats on the PB and very glad you're enjoying it so far for what it is, rather than what it may/may not become.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 08:47 AM
    Lol, always love the back and forth that inevitably spawns when Sad Old Man enters the fray.

I used to think about the possibility of having two chargers, and even bought a rapid charger to supplement the PB wall charger since I was in fear of the USB getting too loose after two years of abuse... I had a rapid charger dock for a while (which was a pain as the connectors didn't always align despite being magnetic) but that was donated to a friend's friend whose PB was failing to charge off USB any longer. Then shortly after I bought the rapid charger, my main PB wall charger went to the girlfriend after convincing her to upgrade her Kindle Fire to a PB. So now I'm left with carrying my rapid charger in my lunchbox, which now serves more as an electronics repository to and from work than for food purposes - It contains my PB, rapid charger, LED Stinger flashlight, PSP and a few games, as well as pens and the like.

Congrats on the PB and very glad you're enjoying it so far for what it is, rather than what it may/may not become.
    What a small world indeed. Do you know I got a case for my Z10 from Chitcago? Never used it and can't even give it away.

By the way I see by your avatar that your a basketball fan?
    05-30-13 08:51 AM

Sounds like you know when you've been beet.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 08:53 AM
    Sounds like you know when you've been beet.
    Sorry I can't hear you either, I'm in my cellar with the door shut!
    05-30-13 08:57 AM
    Edumacate (said in best Homer Simpson impression) me please - I'm mildly interested, but not quite sufficiently to google or wikipedia it.

Is there a name for when you make a verb out of a proper noun? I'm just committing all the sins today...
    05-30-13 09:15 AM
42 12