Edumacate (said in best Homer Simpson impression) me please - I'm mildly interested, but not quite sufficiently to google or wikipedia it.

Is there a name for when you make a verb out of a proper noun? I'm just committing all the sins today...
    It would be impossible to explain it in 500 words or less a cellar v a basement. I think it is something like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

But I made up the word "forumee" the other day - so feel free to do the same.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 10:19 AM
    It would be impossible to explain it in 500 words or less a cellar v a basement. I think it is something like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

By the way is forumee masculine or feminine?
    05-30-13 02:16 PM
    Hmmm Betty. The cat's done a whoopsy in me beret.

That was my impression of Frank Spencer. Do I win five pounds?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 02:38 PM
    By the way is forumee masculine or feminine?
    That would "soully" depend on the forumee! Same goes for "forumer." You might be able to tell with "forumette."
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 03:07 PM
    Edumacate (said in best Homer Simpson impression) me please - I'm mildly interested, but not quite sufficiently to google or wikipedia it.

Is there a name for when you make a verb out of a proper noun? I'm just committing all the sins today...
    In sweeping generalities, a basement occurs when 50% or more of the bottom storey of your dwelling/building is above grade and a cellar occurs when 50% or more of the bottom storey of your dwelling/building is below grade. basically, if you can fit a proper window in above grade you have a basement if not you have a cellar.. as for verbing nouns I'm reminded of a get fuzzy comic strip.. I of course cant find the strip but the joke is essentially you can foodify anything if you just eat it and conversely you can wordify anything if you just verb it.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 03:20 PM
    Hmmm Betty. The cat's done a whoopsy in me beret.

That was my impression of Frank Spencer. Do I win five pounds?
    No.

That would "soully" depend on the forumee! Same goes for "forumer." You might be able to tell with "forumette."
    Guess I'll just chance to luck eh?
    05-30-13 03:22 PM

Hmmm maybe sad_old_man 's checkered board cellar?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 06:10 PM
    Also have a PB.Bought it about 6 weeks ago about AUS $200 .My girlfriend has the ipad mini but I am very pleased with the Playbook .First time experience with Blackberry after Apple .Next purchase,either the Z10 or Q10.
    05-31-13 03:03 AM
    Also have a PB.Bought it about 6 weeks ago about AUS $200 .My girlfriend has the ipad mini but I am very pleased with the Playbook .First time experience with Blackberry after Apple .Next purchase,either the Z10 or Q10.
    Welcome to the world of PB. One word of advise stay clear from sad_old_man. He will tell you everything wrong about PB yet owned like multiple units himself. He has 2 Z10 and like 6 Playbooks. Each open to different thread on the playbook forum monitoring the site. Not even Kevin has that kind of budget.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-31-13 08:28 AM
    In sweeping generalities, a basement occurs when 50% or more of the bottom storey of your dwelling/building is above grade and a cellar occurs when 50% or more of the bottom storey of your dwelling/building is below grade. basically, if you can fit a proper window in above grade you have a basement if not you have a cellar.. as for verbing nouns I'm reminded of a get fuzzy comic strip.. I of course cant find the strip but the joke is essentially you can foodify anything if you just eat it and conversely you can wordify anything if you just verb it.
    Basements have higher resale value. So in my area, everyone has a basement. Lol

I always assumed the difference was Basement is living space, a Cellar is not.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-31-13 09:04 AM

Most jurisdictions prohibit dwelling units (if not habitable space entirely) in cellars so your assumption (in my experience) is correct.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-31-13 12:06 PM
    I can hear you lot you know, I'm stupid not deaf!. Now this has just gone too too far. The last thing in the world I need at this moment in time is an edificated monkey!! and a paper monkey at that!

What's all this "grade" thing about? Is it something to do with 'health and safety?

Remember I have six babies to look after now!
    05-31-13 12:44 PM
    I can hear you lot you know, I'm stupid not deaf!. Now this has just gone too too far. The last thing in the world I need at this moment in time is an edificated monkey!! and a paper monkey at that!

What's all this "grade" thing about? Is it something to do with 'health and safety?

Remember I have six babies to look after now!
    but then what else is a poor paper pushing monkey to do or call themselves..?

As for the grade thing, if I don't make up words then I can't very well be assured of my job security, can I?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-31-13 03:18 PM
    but then what else is a poor paper pushing monkey to do or call themselves..?

As for the grade thing, if I don't make up words then I can't very well be assured of my job security, can I?
    Good, very good indeed, especially given the fact that your Australian. Try to curtail your factual educated comments or you might end up on my hit list.
    05-31-13 04:50 PM
    Hi if you use pb for movies consider kalemsoft media player I lost interest in my playbook then the release this media player and can't find a format it won't play. Hope you enjoy playbook as much as I do now lol its now back in my work bag

Cheers

Martin
    FF22 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    05-31-13 04:57 PM

Correct but I must dispute the value thingy bit. To me my cellar is priceless and my ducks seem to love it as well. How can one put a value on a lifetimes collection of alcohol?
    06-01-13 06:37 AM
    Correct but I must dispute the value thingy bit. To me my cellar is priceless and my ducks seem to love it as well. How can one put a value on a lifetimes collection of alcohol?
    Hmmmmmm ducklings swimming in alcohol. Froie gras in the making. Please invite me for future dinner at your cellar.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 07:36 PM
42 12