Last week, my playbook erased. I dunno how. I usually have it right next to me while im sleeping. I half woke up and i think i saw a message, but wasn't really paying attention to it. I got up an hour before my usual time and saw that it was acting brand new, like a new set up. But following the on screen instructions responded extremely slow....to the point i shut the screen off then turned it on cuz i thought it was frozen. Now, anytime i connect it to my Mac through USB, it reboots my playbook after 30 seconds ALL the time. On windows no problem. I dont know why its acting up. i lost everything
    07-24-12 09:03 PM
    So, with Windows, the usb works? But with the mac it reboots? Anything possibly wrong the the power circuit on the mac's usb port? Do you have it password protected? If the password is entered wrong too many times, it will wipe out all data.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    07-24-12 10:09 PM
    Everything else works USB with the Mac accept for the Playbook.I have it password protected, maybe the pass was entered wrong too many times. But this is right after the wipe its been like this
    07-24-12 10:28 PM
    Last week, my playbook erased. I dunno how. I usually have it right next to me while im sleeping. I half woke up and i think i saw a message, but wasn't really paying attention to it. I got up an hour before my usual time and saw that it was acting brand new, like a new set up. But following the on screen instructions responded extremely slow....to the point i shut the screen off then turned it on cuz i thought it was frozen. Now, anytime i connect it to my Mac through USB, it reboots my playbook after 30 seconds ALL the time. On windows no problem. I dont know why its acting up. i lost everything
    The moral of this post: Avoid Macs at all times
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    07-24-12 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD