Ryan Bidan.

From everything I've seen and heard from this guy, he seems like the real deal. Carries himself extremely well in interviews, seems to have a direct attitude and a no-BS approach to business (example from his twitter: "A note to Canada Post: You might want to get back to work before technology and the inexorable march of time makes you irrelevant.") He's both young and experienced, having worked at Microsoft for a number of years launching many successful products (Halo, Gears of War, Office, etc.) He is the product manager for the Playbook, and although the device has not met expectations, not many of these can be blamed on him. The hardware is amazing, the potential of the software is amazing... it's all a matter of upper-management and software teams holding it back at this point... not to mention the head of developer relations, Mike Kirkup, who should be demoted to janitor. RIM needs a young presence to lead them who is inspired to make game-changing products which will lead the industry. I truly believe Ryan is this guy, and I think making him CEO would be a great decision for RIM.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. The reason I posted this in the Playbook forums is because most people familiar with Bidan will be within this forum.
    06-30-11 12:33 PM
    I want Don Cherry.
    06-30-11 12:34 PM
    I'd rather see an HTC buyout and an executive team cull.
    06-30-11 12:39 PM
    I want blackjack93117.
    xandermac, frfghtr and biggulpseh like this.
    06-30-11 12:39 PM
    Brilliant!........

I want blackjack93117.
    06-30-11 12:40 PM
    I want blackjack93117.
    LOL! blackjack93117's first plan as CEO: "strictly stick to the status quo because is is working so very well... nothing ever needs to be changed all the RIM hate is unwarranted... LOOK! RIM stock went up 0.00000000000001% today!!!!!!!"
    06-30-11 12:52 PM
    In before the lock!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 12:55 PM
    In before the lock!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    whoaaa... hey now. this was a serious post before it got perverted.
    06-30-11 12:59 PM
    I want Don Cherry.
    Without getting into specifics my idea was Ryan Bidan as well despite his last name (pronunciation) BUT Don Cherry would be better.

If not they should at least elect Don Cherry as ppr director.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 06-30-11 at 01:10 PM.
    06-30-11 01:04 PM
    Ryan Bidan.

From everything I've seen and heard from this guy, he seems like the real deal. Carries himself extremely well in interviews, seems to have a direct attitude and a no-BS approach to business (example from his twitter: "A note to Canada Post: You might want to get back to work before technology and the inexorable march of time makes you irrelevant.") He's both young and experienced, having worked at Microsoft for a number of years launching many successful products (Halo, Gears of War, Office, etc.) He is the product manager for the Playbook, and although the device has not met expectations, not many of these can be blamed on him. The hardware is amazing, the potential of the software is amazing... it's all a matter of upper-management and software teams holding it back at this point... not to mention the head of developer relations, Mike Kirkup, who should be demoted to janitor. RIM needs a young presence to lead them who is inspired to make game-changing products which will lead the industry. I truly believe Ryan is this guy, and I think making him CEO would be a great decision for RIM.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. The reason I posted this in the Playbook forums is because most people familiar with Bidan will be within this forum.
    I think the news media has been using its power to prevent success as well. They do have way of scaring people into believing that there is a HUGE recession and pushing products, political candidates, etc. It is really nauseating.
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    06-30-11 01:07 PM
    I propose Kevin Michaluk from er, let me see. Oh yes, crackberry.com
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    06-30-11 01:11 PM
    I propose Kevin Michaluk from er, let me see. Oh yes, crackberry.com
    Kevin "I assume everyone already knows what's wrong and isn't fixing it as a part of their master plan" Michaluk. (reference to RIM employee open-letter blog post).
    06-30-11 01:56 PM
    Ryan Bidan.

So, when things go right, he gets credit, when they go wrong, its not his fault?

what are you gulpin?
    06-30-11 03:44 PM
    My pick is the guy who wrote the open letter to the current ones.
    06-30-11 03:59 PM
    I want blackjack93117.
    LOL send me an application app.
    06-30-11 04:01 PM
    LOL! blackjack93117's first plan as CEO: "strictly stick to the status quo because is is working so very well... nothing ever needs to be changed all the RIM hate is unwarranted... LOOK! RIM stock went up 0.00000000000001% today!!!!!!!"
    Apparently you missed my humble "come to Jesus" moment in the other thread:

Wow after reading this letter I think I may have seen the light. The CEO's ARE the problem. i have felt the same frustrations at almost every company I have worked. Very good expression of what probably all corporate slaves feel.

But lets stop the bashing there - RIM is apparently a company with a lot of highly talented but frustrated, demoralized employees. I have always felt that happy employees are primary to any success.

How about if we CEO bash instead of RIM and Playbook bash though? It's not RIM and playbooks fault

Now can we all just get along?
    I still say the RIM and Playbook hate is unwarranted - or should i say misdirected? A CEO (or two) does not a company make. They are dispensable.
    Playbook is and will be an awesome device, RIM an awesome company, AND that it is time to buy RIMM - especially after the coming obvious shakeup.

So again nice try but you didn't get me
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-30-11 at 04:11 PM.
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    06-30-11 04:03 PM
    Playbook is and will be an awesome device, RIM an awesome company, AND that it is time to buy RIMM - especially after the coming obvious shakeup.

So again nice try but you didn't get me

This post shows the only correct way that one can use the terms RIM and RIMM.

Perfectly.
    06-30-11 05:58 PM
    Thanks for noticing.
    06-30-11 06:05 PM
    Ryan is a good talker no doubt about it. I am sure there are several other good young guys within the company too. I also think that might be the problem, they are too young lol. I dont really have anyone i want to fill the sport as much as i just think the 2 clowns there need to removed. It just doesnt work anymore
    OniBerry likes this.
    06-30-11 06:05 PM
    My pick is the guy who wrote the open letter to the current ones.
    To be honest, I think it was Ryan Bidan anyways.
    06-30-11 08:40 PM
    Please make Blackjack93117 CEO so I can go and buy as many shares of RIMM before a buy-out.

Also please REMOVE the Greek guy before he bankrupts RIM.
    06-30-11 08:45 PM
    To be honest, I think it was Ryan Bidan anyways.
    Hope he survives the witch hunt that is surely in full swing. Security and IT must be working overtime right about now.... because....(see bad news below)

Please make Blackjack93117 CEO so I can go and buy as many shares of RIMM before a buy-out.
    Sorry guys I am flattered, but I already have an attractive offer to replace Steve Jobs - now THAT is going to be fun!

I have a model to follow from the RIM CEO's and forum participants for destroying the iPad so that playbook owners can live happily ever after....unharrassed by this thing.
    06-30-11 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD