Ok folks lets talk about what the mighty Playbook will not do. I hear constant whining about all the apps it won't run and all the things it won't do. And virtually all of the things I have heard have been a non-issue for me. So I am curious as to how many people are actually disappointed that they don't have Netflicks or some such.
    I mean really, who needs to pay to watch videos? Why would you? And, oh boo hoo it doesn't have a good twitter app. I don't Twit! Lack of apps? Give me a break. How many rip offs of Angry Birds do you need?
    Yeah there are a lot of things the PB won't do. It doesn't do holograms, it doesn't travel into the future and it won't fetch me a beer.
    Why the heck do I even own this thing? Except for the fact that it does everything I need in a tablet and in a convenient form factor. Except for the beer fetching. Sigh. Maybe in the next update?
    01-12-12 09:37 AM
    Oh, damm ... I must admit: I'm truly desperate it can't vibrate and provide me a sweet massage with its warm bulb going up and down my neck.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:42 AM
    WHAT?? Won't fetch me a beer? DAMNIT it's going back...

LOL..
    black hole, CDM76 and Mr-Chasteau like this.
    01-12-12 09:43 AM
    Won't turn on when I think about it being on. I heard of that feature coming to idevices and roids.
    It's so useless and they're so behind!

:P iDiots and Roid-alala's!
    Silly monkeys.
    01-12-12 09:45 AM
    Hey, it WILL fetch a beer you hater. You simply have to bridge it with your wife's bberry.

***Please note: my wonderful wife does not own a bberry, she does not read this forum and was not present in the room where I posted this from. (me/ looks over my shoulder)
    01-12-12 09:47 AM
    You can't deny that apps AREN'T helpful/handy to have. I'm really disappointed in the number of apps available, but I still like my Playbook for other things it can do. For example, I like the OS. Being an Android and Widget fan, I REALLY like how I can open up multiple apps/pages and pretty much view them as widgets. I can't interact with them like I can on Android, but I can keep a small on my most used things and have them ready to be opened with just a tap.

And again, as far as apps are concerned, something I'm doing is going to the websites of the apps I frequently use and ask the developers to make an app for Playbook. I wish more people would do the same to get the interest out there to the developers instead of whine about it here. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, after all!!
    patpatiar, Jince, TinRobot and 1 others like this.
    Oh, puhlease...You guys are complaining? I asked my PB this morning if my skirt made me look hippy...and it didn't say anthing!
    Won't turn on when I think about it being on. I heard of that feature coming to idevices and roids.
    It's so useless and they're so behind!

:P iDiots and Roid-alala's!
    Silly monkeys.
    Come on, will hating on other devices REALLY make your PB better?
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    01-12-12 09:48 AM
    I have an app that warms my coffee, so I'm good to go!

(Cooktop)
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-12-12 09:48 AM
    it doesnt have that much apps for professionals. its made secure for a business but theres no point.
    enough of those monkey games that i can play on my daughter dsi if i really wanted to or even on my laptop.
    also hoping that with os 2.0 will bring a list of great apps like autodesk and adobe.
    if not... its going on kijiji.. jk
    01-12-12 09:51 AM
    I am less demanding you know... I can live with it if I have to fetch my own beer; but it wont fix me a sandwich? Now that's a deal breaker...
    01-12-12 09:57 AM
    it doesnt have that much apps for professionals. its made secure for a business but theres no point.
    enough of those monkey games that i can play on my daughter dsi if i really wanted to or even on my laptop.
    also hoping that with os 2.0 will bring a list of great apps like autodesk and adobe.
    if not... its going on kijiji.. jk
    I agree that it doesn't have many apps out there for professionals, and that is disappointing. But, it has the best mobile word processing native app that I've EVER used.
    01-12-12 09:58 AM
    If you download the "Get off Your a$$" app, version 1.5 this should solve your dilemma.
    01-12-12 10:00 AM
    or couch to 1.5k is android app im sure it can be converted hah
    01-12-12 10:06 AM
    your PB must be faulty.
    01-12-12 10:24 AM
    You can't deny that apps AREN'T helpful/handy to have. I'm really disappointed in the number of apps available, but I still like my Playbook for other things it can do. For example, I like the OS. Being an Android and Widget fan, I REALLY like how I can open up multiple apps/pages and pretty much view them as widgets. I can't interact with them like I can on Android, but I can keep a small on my most used things and have them ready to be opened with just a tap.

And again, as far as apps are concerned, something I'm doing is going to the websites of the apps I frequently use and ask the developers to make an app for Playbook. I wish more people would do the same to get the interest out there to the developers instead of whine about it here. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, after all!!
    But, apropos of absolutely nothing, I just watched your chicken wing video. Now, I'm hungry. Is there a good wing app?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-12-12 10:26 AM
    I'll bet it can roll over and play dead real well!
    01-12-12 10:29 AM
    I can't believe they haven't released an app that turns my PB in to an ATM machine that spits out $20 bills whenever I want it to. What are those idiots a RIM thinking!!!
    TinRobot likes this.
    01-12-12 10:31 AM
    Hey, it WILL fetch a beer you hater. You simply have to bridge it with your wife's bberry.

***Please note: my wonderful wife does not own a bberry, she does not read this forum and was not present in the room where I posted this from. (me/ looks over my shoulder)
    You meant "FRIDGE" I am guessing. (unless British!)
    01-12-12 10:34 AM

LOL....works in reverse too. Bridged to husband's Torch... nice glass of white wine arrived almost immediately. Too cool. Thanks for the idea. LOL.
    01-12-12 10:42 AM
    I just watched your chicken wing video. Now, I'm hungry. Is there a good wing app?
    Where is this chicken wing video? Time to start thinking of dinner.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-12-12 10:44 AM
    Where is this chicken wing video? Time to start thinking of dinner.
    pantlesspenguin has a YouTube button on her posts. She eats chicken wings slathered in "insane" hot sauce while barely breaking a sweat.
    pantlesspenguin and Chaddface like this.
    01-12-12 10:49 AM
    my PlayBook doesn't teleport me anywhere!!
    Lhendr and modine like this.
    01-12-12 10:58 AM
    I can get my own beer but why won't it clean my house!
    up488, modine and jafobabe like this.
    01-12-12 11:00 AM
    Mine refused to walk the dog! RIM is going to hear about this!!

I am quite happy with the device. I just wish the OS was more stable. The browser implosions and strange lil bugs hurt the experience at times.

As for apps, I'm a project manager. It is hard to find real PM apps in any platform. So I might as well get the tablet that will work best with the phone that saves my every now and then.
    01-12-12 11:07 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD