So I left my PB on top of my car & drove away.
    About a mile down the road I heard it fly off -
    Unfortunately, my friend following me ran it over!

Its in a hard leather case - and suprisingly, the only issue is a crack in the screen - everthing else is working & in tact!

Now of course I didn't buy the protection plan.

The crack has grown a little bit - it's not spider-webbed just a hairline crack.

Any suggestions on fixing or should I just deal with the crack?

It was bought back in february.
    06-07-12 12:30 PM
    What size was it? Might be cheaper to buy another one.
    06-07-12 01:03 PM
    I recommend replacing it. That crack in the screen will spread, it always does. Sorry to hear that happened.
    06-07-12 01:23 PM
    Sue your friend!! People have won crazier cases!!!
    06-07-12 02:20 PM
    So I left my PB on top of my car & drove away.
    About a mile down the road I heard it fly off -
    Unfortunately, my friend following me ran it over!

Its in a hard leather case - and suprisingly, the only issue is a crack in the screen - everthing else is working & in tact!

Now of course I didn't buy the protection plan.

The crack has grown a little bit - it's not spider-webbed just a hairline crack.

Any suggestions on fixing or should I just deal with the crack?

It was bought back in february.
    There are resin-based glass repair kits available, which allow you to do the same thing that the auto pros do with windshield damage: Fill it in with a polymer that has a refractive index close enough to glass so as to largely disappear. (You'll only get a disappearing repair if the crack does not go all the way through the glass. If it does, you'll almost certainly see the line after the repair.) These repairs are intended to inhibit the spreading of the crack, and with auto glass applications, small areas can successfully be repaired because there is essentially no flexion of the glass surface through the damage area. The PB, however, is design to be more flexible, so a polymer-fill repair will probably be a non-permanent fix.

Worth a try, though, if the cost of the kit is small enough compared to the cost of a new PB.

One such kit: Amazon.com: Loctite 37613 Windshield Repair Adhesive Syringe - 0.17 fl. oz.: Automotive
    06-07-12 03:52 PM
    I'd throw a screen protector on it and ride it out. Unless you feel confident in your DIY skills, then you might try replacing it.
    06-07-12 03:54 PM
    If you are confident enough and the lcd isn't cracked you just need a new digitizer here are a bunch of ebay listings:

playbook digitizer | eBay

Its a very delicate process replacing the digitizer you don't want to get impatient since if you go to fast you can crack your LCD then you are out of luck.

Gluck hopefully this helps.
    06-07-12 05:20 PM
    I'd put a film on it and be gentle.
    It deserves it: good BoyzBB !
    06-07-12 05:26 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions!

While i'd love to say i'm a DIY guy... I usually end up screwin things up!

So i'll prolly just ride it out with the crack.. still no spiderwebbing so that's good..

It's only the 16gb so I may end up putting it up on EBAY & upgrading to 32 or 64 anyway.

Thanks all!
    06-08-12 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD