And few nights ago my playbook while charging started switching between open windows and the keyboard kept opening and closing.

Then tonight while searching on bing for pictures if bone fractures suddenly the screen opened a window, see attachment, did some scan saying I had 75 spywares. It was or appeared to be a windows program. If I clicked on anything it tried to save to my playbook a .exe file..

You ideas what the heck?

I had sharing on, and no password for my playbook or sharing, but since this I've set those up.. There was no other computers in our network on..

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Is my PB hacked? Have a virus?-img_00000097.jpg  
    11-06-12 02:49 AM
    LOOOOOOOOL! No, I know my charger messed up when I went to a 220V country and it messes up my touchscreen when I charge it (clicks on other stuff and opens apps) but any other charger is fine.

Also, that's My Computer from Windows XP and you don't really have any dll's and what not. That's just an image.

TL;DR: No, you don't have a virus, it's just an image.
    11-06-12 03:16 AM
    It's just a scam site that pretends to scan for viruses then tries to install a Trojan/virus or asks you to buy their anti virus program. Unlikely to do anything on playbook as this is targeting windows in this case.

PS. Ignore treefrog, he is just pulling your leg.
    kbz1960 and Mr.G like this.
    11-06-12 06:16 AM
    just an advert, don't worry - your PB isn't hacked. You were simply visiting a site which uses popup overlay ads - to scare people into thinking they need some crappy dodgy program.
    11-06-12 06:23 AM
    That popup is itself the virus, even clicking x to close it will start it infecting you. You should move the Window out of the way. Download install update and run malwarebytes and superantispyware free additions.

Edit: it will do nothing to your pb but will cause havoc on your pc.
    sputneek likes this.
    11-06-12 07:49 AM
    So, no virus for the PlayBook OS so far (and I don't think we will ever see one).

Some electronic devices mess up with the touch screen, making the PlayBook appear as possessed by a touchscreen evil spirit. The situation you described fits perfectly.

As for your computer... Format, reinstall.
    11-06-12 07:58 AM
    this message is itself an invitation to catch a virus. if you still have this message popping up every now and then, then its thread is running in the background . try to reboot the device to get rid of it.

If it is on your PC, then the best tool is anti-Malwarebytes. It's the best. Do a scan while in the Safe Mode ( F8 after a reboot).
    Mr.G likes this.
    11-06-12 08:51 AM
    Phantom keystrokes and pop up windows ON THE PB can be caused by bad chargers, UNgrounded sockets, Plasma TV's and some other electromagnetic interference. There's a video showing some of these things happening - including one of those globes that contains a mini-lightning storm.
    diegonei and 00stryder like this.
    11-06-12 09:15 AM
    The day a person shows me a virus on a pb is the day I buy them a new car
    11-07-12 04:01 PM
    Pssst.... would one of you programmers come up with a virus for me? (don't mention this to the guy I quoted!)
    DC506, kbz1960, Hgouck and 1 others like this.
    11-07-12 05:36 PM
    Does the effect of sneezing on it count?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-12 07:07 PM
    Does the effect of sneezing on it count?
    Not to mention the results inflicted on it by those who use them in the, ahem, potty. Well, I guess I did mention it!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-07-12 08:00 PM
    If you buy me the car I will put a virus on your PB. 6 grand kids, 4 with runny noses. I will let them use your PB and than you use it without wiping it off. Guaranty sniffles in the near future.
    11-07-12 08:02 PM
    Pssst.... would one of you programmers come up with a virus for me? (don't mention this to the guy I quoted!)
    Most developers won't create a virus. To have access to critical data on the device, you have to sign the application, with keys that you obtain from RIM. RIM will know who created the virus/malware. The only way to get it to the device would be to have someone side-load it. Try to pass it through App World and RIM will review it for malicious content.
    11-07-12 08:54 PM
    Not to mention the results inflicted on it by those who use them in the, ahem, potty. Well, I guess I did mention it!
    Mythbusters did an episode on toothbrushes, it didn't seem to make a difference where the brush was, so it's unlikely that the PB would be much worse. Also, there's plenty of reports on the germs found on desktop keyboards.
    11-07-12 10:05 PM
    This made my day
    i always loved those fake pop ups, especially if you are running a completely different OS like Linux or Mac OS and suddenly a windows XP style window popsup telling me that my pc is full of infected exe or dlls
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-08-12 01:49 AM
    Most developers won't create a virus. To have access to critical data on the device, you have to sign the application, with keys that you obtain from RIM. RIM will know who created the virus/malware. The only way to get it to the device would be to have someone side-load it. Try to pass it through App World and RIM will review it for malicious content.
    So if a virus for the PB suddenly proliferates, we'll know RIM is after a fleet of company cars.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-08-12 02:43 AM
    Finally! Incentive to program for the Playbook.

I've got my car all picked out.
    Is my PB hacked? Have a virus?-porsche-911-gt3-orange.jpg
    eternalemb and FF22 like this.
    11-08-12 04:46 AM
    Maybe I should have been clear that I was joking - well, at least, originally!
    11-08-12 08:55 AM
    Maybe I should have been clear that I was joking - well, at least, originally!
    Wish you had

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    11-12-12 02:58 PM
    Will Java viruses infect the PlayBook?
    11-12-12 10:21 PM
    No virus, just some pop-up/ scam.

PlayBook's browser sucks at blocking pop-ups....and yes my option is on.
    11-12-12 10:24 PM