Hi,

Upgraded to OS2 yesterday and was unable to add my IMAP account (private server).
    When entering all the correct information in advanced IMAP settings, I kept getting the error "Mail server is not responding". This was not true, mail server is fine.

I accidentally found a trick that made it work for me, at least for incoming mail.

- enter the correct information into the advanced screen and press save
    - the screen that shows 'verifying' usually takes 20 seconds or so. After 5 seconds, I hit reboot.
    - Playbook restarts and IMAP account appears fine in the accounts list.

The only issue is that I still cannot get outgoing mail (same server) working. Hope RIM addresses this issue soon, because so many people complaining about setting up email makes you wonder if they shouldn't have beta tested PIM apps anyway

Anyway, it's not a full solution, but I hopes it helps at least one person enjoy email on OS2.

Regards
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    02-22-12 01:41 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I too had this issue and did the same as what you described but it led to some other issues like not being able to delete the account and so on.
    What I did learn, is in advanced settings, removing the SMTP username and password alleviated the issue of the PB not finding my imap email.
    It is working beautifully now.
    02-22-12 01:46 AM
    What I did learn, is in advanced settings, removing the SMTP username and password alleviated the issue of the PB not finding my imap email.
    It is working beautifully now.
    Did this fix the problem for both incoming and outgoing mail, or just outgoing? It doesn't seem to work for me this way...
    02-22-12 07:09 AM
    Sadly its only fixed my incoming email, I havent tested sending email but will do when I am home.
    02-22-12 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD