07-27-13 12:52 PM
34 12
tools
    I use Splashtop, you just need a Gmail account and out you go! Remote access from anywhere in the world to your pc, sure you need to install an app on it but who cares. Plus you have the pc sound on you PB!!!
    I use Splashtop too if audio is required like watching Netflix from my PC but when your a IT admin needing to connect to 100 or more servers and workstations installing a app on each is not going to work. Also there is alot of zooming in/out required with Spashtop which is not required with RDP as it uses the native 1024x600 resolution of the Playbook. The OP said he was a IT consultant so I suggested RDP to connect to his client systems for remote assistance type work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-23-13 09:43 PM
    And the love is shown. I actually would still buy a PlayBook myself today. I just haven't found one in forever
    I go lucky and found mine at a staples a few months ago brand new the employee told me it was hidden in the back. I guess this tablet was ment for me
    07-23-13 09:46 PM
    I like that this is a positive post about the PlayBook. Yes, we are all heartbroken over the decision to not continue updating it, but overall I am happy with it for what I use it for. It STILL has the best speakers of any tablet on the market, even the Kindle Fire HD, which both of my son's have. Dual HD camera for recording is a nice plus and I use it as an Evernote companion for work. I have a Nexus 7 and still feel that the PlayBook is a great piece of hardware... Especially since I only need paid $75 out of pocket.

Thanks for the post!
    07-24-13 08:34 AM
    1st time taking it to the cottage with me, I have no internet connection there so I wondered if it would come in handy. it performed great for rainy days and late night messin around. had all my zinio books and mags loaded, latest newspapers etc, so lots of reading material. I have a couple games to kill some late night time, was great hooked up to the tv. as a musician and being on some artists sites, I listened to some preloaded mp3's through the stereo, sounded great. I don't have a camcorder so it got used for a few videos around the cottage and lake, not the greatest quality but good enough for memories not missed. I have a free phone app with free long distance so when I went in town for a coffee at tim hortons, while sitting in my truck I used there wi-fi to make a couple calls. its coming with me every time from now on.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-24-13 08:56 AM
    Get Origami Browser on that sucker

douevenCB10?
    07-24-13 09:04 AM
    I use Splashtop too if audio is required like watching Netflix from my PC but when your a IT admin needing to connect to 100 or more servers and workstations installing a app on each is not going to work. Also there is alot of zooming in/out required with Spashtop which is not required with RDP as it uses the native 1024x600 resolution of the Playbook. The OP said he was a IT consultant so I suggested RDP to connect to his client systems for remote assistance type work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I use RDP on most of my clients, but I usually VPN into the network, then connect from the inside (security reasons). I don’t think I'm going to be using a tablet to do this.
    07-24-13 10:40 PM
    I use VPN as well from the Playbook to a Cisco router on my LAN but there are other ways to secure RDP as well like NLA (Network Level Authentication) and alternate ports other than 3389 to make connections to routable IP addresses on the firewall. It's just the convenience of not having to lug around a notebook and the RDP client works really well with the Playbook screen resolution.
    07-25-13 10:33 AM
    I use VPN as well from the Playbook to a Cisco router on my LAN but there are other ways to secure RDP as well like NLA (Network Level Authentication) and alternate ports other than 3389 to make connections to routable IP addresses on the firewall. It's just the convenience of not having to lug around a notebook and the RDP client works really well with the Playbook screen resolution.
    I thought about changing ports, but since I was using VPN anyway, it was easier just to limit outside access. I may rethink it if I can use the PlayBook for RDP.
    07-26-13 04:36 PM
    You and me both. I use it daily for email, web browsing and radio, reading downloaded magazines in pdf format (I gave up on Zinio slicing pages), reading comics wih jjcomics viewer and yes, kindle for book reading as well. The recent arrival of Spotify and a 3 month free trial from Virgin Media has added a new aspect. And as I can do all this simultaneously, or rather by flicking between apps with true multitasking. I can play the latest games on my 5" android 4.2.3 phone if I need to.

Why on earth would I need another tablet when the one I already have can do all this?
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    07-27-13 12:52 PM
34 12