Hi

This is my second post within minutes!! I've had my playbook for about 12 months and I'm wishing I'd never bothered!

I bought a new laptop with windows 8 and have downloaded the desktop software...it keeps telling me to download the software to my playbook but once I've done it, it tells me again...it just won't recognise the playbook.

I have no idea what else to do. I've restored the playbook numerous times and I've removed and added the PC software too.

How do I get it to recognise my playbook??

Helpppp

Thanks
    03-31-13 05:11 AM
    Hi

This is my second post within minutes!! I've had my playbook for about 12 months and I'm wishing I'd never bothered!

I bought a new laptop with windows 8 and have downloaded the desktop software...it keeps telling me to download the software to my playbook but once I've done it, it tells me again...it just won't recognise the playbook.

I have no idea what else to do. I've restored the playbook numerous times and I've removed and added the PC software too.

Helpppp

Thanks
    Wishing that you've never had bothered??

The issue / solution has been posted in multiple threads - try the search feature .
    03-31-13 06:17 AM
    Hi

Helpppp

Thanks
    I have the same problem with my wife. She won't recognise me either.

Any way as has already been said there are numerous threads on this problem with both Windows 7 & 8. It's basically that this version of windows simply just doesn't want to load the BB device drivers and steadfastly continues to load its own Microsoft drivers. Read the threads to solve the problem one the BB drivers have been loaded you will be okay from then on.

Good luck
    03-31-13 06:38 AM
    I _THINK_ you need to go into the Device Manager, find the proper usb or Rim driver and ROLL-BACK. But as noted there are threads where folks have solved it. Good luck
    03-31-13 08:53 AM
    Be sure you have turned off wifi on your playbook before you try to connect and sync
    03-31-13 05:48 PM
    If you don't have an older BlackBerry phone, then BlackBerry Link manages bb10 phones and also manages playbooks so you could uninstall dtm and install link instead.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:51 PM
    You still have have the playbook wifi turned off irregardless
    03-31-13 06:00 PM
    Yes but now this thread is one of the first that pops up. I just started having this problem after having my PB for almost 2 years now. So...anyway. I'll look on but just know this comes up first. Not helpful for seeker or snarker lol.

Any way as has already been said there are numerous threads on this problem with both Windows 7 & 8. It's basically that this version of windows simply just doesn't want to load the BB device drivers and steadfastly continues to load its own Microsoft drivers. Read the threads to solve the problem one the BB drivers have been loaded you will be okay from then on.

Good luck
    11-04-13 04:23 AM
    i had this issue as well
    link doesnt work with my playbook if i remember correctly
    so i used blackberrys old software pre bb10 device and swapped out my blackberry usb cable to a droid one i had laying around
    after that i had no issues
    11-04-13 05:08 AM
    i just burst out laughing after reading this! the whole office is looking at me kinda weird
    11-04-13 08:03 AM