Hi everyone,
    I used to be able to plug my playbook to my laptop and I would see it in 'My computer' window. I have put music files in it. However when I plug it in now, it does not seem to recogize it and I cannot see it in 'My Computer'. Any suggestions?
    Thank you
    02-18-12 10:46 PM
    Check that 'Settings, Storage &Sharing, File Sharing' is On.
    Reboot the computer and playbook?
    Try a new usb cable.
    THE-SAINT likes this.
    02-18-12 10:57 PM
    Make sure your computer is pointing to the correct wifi address of your PB. Like 192.168.1.x ... it does change if you wifi other devices depending on use.
    THE-SAINT likes this.
    02-18-12 11:45 PM
    Check that 'Settings, Storage &Sharing, File Sharing' is On.
    Reboot the computer and playbook?
    Try a new usb cable.
    Which settings to I check(PB or laptop)?WHere do I go on the PB or laptop)?
    Thx
    02-19-12 09:10 AM
    Settings, Storage &Sharing, File Sharing' is On.....on the PB
    02-19-12 09:41 AM
    Disconnect usb wire attached to playbook from laptop. Turned off wifi on laptop (every computer will be different) on one HP I have used there was a switch on the side of the computer on another HP laptop it is a touch button on the front of the laptop upper right corner to the keyboard. Find yours.
    on the playbook touch the gear logo (upper right corner of main screen) then drag menu down on left hand side of screen till you see a column called Storage & Sharing. Then drag your menu down on the right side of the screen till you see Wi-Fi sharing. press that option till it shows off. turn on blackberry desktop software on. Then attach your playbook back to your laptop via USB cord. hopefully you will see it now recognizing your playbook. it worked for me.
    good luck
    02-21-12 10:14 PM
    Had the same problem, pc would not see playbook. Now it works, go to software upgrade in playbook and upgrade software to 2.1 . Now I can add or transfer files
    10-08-12 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD