Anyone else, I'm loving the new Playbook and I forgot all about my iPad also I do not plan on selling it because I think they both will have there purpose.
    04-23-11 10:24 AM
    Anyone else, I'm loving the new Playbook and I forgot all about my iPad also I do not plan on selling it because I think they both will have there purpose.
    pb will only continue to get better with updates and more apps...you may forget you even own an ipad soon
    04-23-11 10:26 AM
    I picked up the iPad and tried to swipe the screen up to reduce the screen I was on! Took me a minute or two to get back into the push button to reduce an open screen! I am keeping my Playbook!
    04-23-11 10:49 AM
    My iPad is toast. I can do everything I do on that and more with the Playbook. The only time I have picked it up since I got my Playbook is to move it!
    04-23-11 10:53 AM
    It's good to see that RIM's effort to generate an iPad clone that BB users will like has largely succeeded.
    It's not "a clone". the only similarities are it has a glass front and no physical keyboard. How different from one another do you expect tablets to be???

Using your logic, a Timex is a clone of a Rollex.
    04-23-11 11:01 AM
    It's good to see that RIM's effort to generate an iPad clone that BB users will like has largely succeeded.
    so here's perspective number 2, using your logic, all the powerbooks
    (now macbooks, macbook pro) are IBM thinkpad clones even though they're running different OS.

i will give you the benefit of the doubt, but this post sounds like an apple fanboi post..

i own a lot of apple stuffs, typing in one right now
    and being a long time member of Macrumors.com, i know it when i see IT.

Let's give credit where credit is due, the playbook may not be as popular/mainstream as the iPad but it sure beats the sHELL out of it!
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 04-23-11 at 11:11 AM.
    04-23-11 11:08 AM
    LOL a clone? So is the Xoom a clone of the iPad too? No. They both aren't clones. They are from different companies, and if they didn't produce a tablet too, then they would lose A LOT of money because the only tablet would be the iPad.
    04-23-11 11:10 AM
    wow looks liked you've stepped in it perspective 1
    hehehehe
    04-23-11 11:14 AM
    ......he got you guys too.....

04-23-11 11:18 AM
    Nobody call any other car maker a clone of a ford.
    Yes ipad1 is too heavy, dunno about no 2.
    What i am worrying is that pb maybe too small, will find out soon once i get mine. Most people comments doesnt show so, 7 inch is good enough.
    04-23-11 11:21 AM
    Here's what you can do with your old iPad.

Crackberrykills and MuruXD like this.
    04-23-11 11:26 AM
    ...And you want me to reference posts in which you attack fans of a device...
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    04-23-11 11:35 AM
    ^ winning!
    04-23-11 11:39 AM
    i have them both and still considering if i should keep the Playbook.I have to say though whenever i use the ipad it feels and looks more and more like a toy/entertainment device compared to Playbook.
    04-23-11 11:45 AM
    Haha we're still primitive here pete, no guns..hammer will do.This ipad 1 cost me over 1000$ last year, now worth less than 500$...rotten apple..
    Anyway RIM shall consider bigger tablets, just to capture all segment/market. For thr time being pb is good enough, not too expensive considering no additional data plan being bridged. Other platform dictates different data plan/sim card for ultimate mobility without worrying about wifi.
    04-23-11 11:45 AM
    iPad clone? LOL. Nah man, if anything it is more a a WebOS type clone (card view), but I still wouldn't even call it that. The PB is far from an iPad clone. Unless you are just going to consider every tablet a clone of the iPad. That's just silly.
    04-23-11 11:49 AM
    i've been traveling since I got the playbook and my iPad is at home... but I can just imagine how weird it will feel the first time i pick it up. I think I need to invest in a dock or stand for my iPad 2.

It is different from the PB and has it's own advantages: for me I forsee the iPad sitting on the coffee table in front of my TV - time to invest in a good stand/dock.
    04-23-11 12:19 PM
    i have them both and still considering if i should keep the Playbook.I have to say though whenever i use the ipad it feels and looks more and more like a toy/entertainment device compared to Playbook.
    I have to agree with your toy comment. When using the PlayBook you realize how much more of a professional tool it is versus the iPad. I wonder how long it will take for corporations to feel the same way. It's only a matter of time. This is coming from an iPad 2 owner. My iPad may become my wife's new gadget real soon.
    04-23-11 12:20 PM
    I have to agree with your toy comment. When using the PlayBook you realize how much more of a professional tool it is versus the iPad. I wonder how long it will take for corporations to feel the same way. It's only a matter of time. This is coming from an iPad 2 owner. My iPad may become my wife's new gadget real soon.
    My 4 year old daughter has mine now. It has Netflix so that keeps her busy.
    04-23-11 02:41 PM
    I feel the same way about my torch, it feels so foreign in my hands now lol.
    04-23-11 02:47 PM
    1) You are an iPhone user on a bb message board (i.e. zero life)

2) You root for Virginia Tech.

That makes you a two time loser.

while that's true, it's not worth feeding the trolls, which is why I simply ignored him
    04-23-11 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD