The other complaint I have is the name. Ya I know that seems like a trivial thing but geez RIM, ya want to sell a tablet to the business market, then don�t demean it by naming it like a toy. �Playbook� was a bad marketing name from the outset. If ya want to hit the real business market then try and at least be serious about it. I have found that this is in no way a �Playbook� for the serious user. I have used the IPADs and they are for entertainment, the BB tablet is for work.

If you want entertainment, try the Apple line. The BB tablet is very, very good at music and playing videos, but with the lack of apps for that, another vendor may be better. Hopefully we will see an increase in the BB Tablet use for this. If you want a business tool that works well and is strongest, in my opinion, for this, then you can not go wrong with the BB Tablet, or �Playbook�. Geez I hate that name.
    I've always thought the name was rather clever. You DO
    know what a playbook is ,right?
    Last edited by BBplaybookJS; 01-12-12 at 07:52 PM.
    01-12-12 07:48 PM
    My only issue was OS 1.X, it didnt properly allow me to pair any of my BT devices. I wanted to use my BT headphones, and failed. Upon upgrading to 2.0 BETA, Im great!
    01-12-12 07:53 PM
    well i mostly agree. The iPad can do the work just as well. Try pages for iPad, It might be the best casual word processor I have ever seen, on any device. Don't get me wrong, I'm a playbook user by choice.

But, I think when people say PlayBook is for work iPad is for entertainment, they mean Playbook is for real work communication. iPad is not a portable device and as such, it loses the communications war.
    perry34 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:48 PM
    How do you load music from the ipad to the ipod?
    I don't know and really don't care and I never said you could.
    I said
    It constantly froze on the internet
    It would not load music on her ipod
    Could not access her university e-mail (ipad or android tablets can though)
    So as you can see your reply has nothing to do with what I said.

In my case my "better for business use" playbook cannot access our corporate e-mail on web-mail but others in my office have no problem doing it with ipads and various android tablets.
    I really hope os 2 fixes this issue as I would like to use the playbook for business and as a proud Canadian I want to see a Canadian company succeed
    Last edited by Coyotebc; 01-13-12 at 03:05 AM.
    01-13-12 02:34 AM
    well i mostly agree. The iPad can do the work just as well. Try pages for iPad, It might be the best casual word processor I have ever seen, on any device. Don't get me wrong, I'm a playbook user by choice.

But, I think when people say PlayBook is for work iPad is for entertainment, they mean Playbook is for real work communication. iPad is not a portable device and as such, it loses the communications war.
    Last time I checked Lotus Notes domino web mail was part of real world business communication (although I prefer outlook).
    I was really bummed out when my pb could not read e-mails, if it works as advertised in os2 then I will agree with you as I prefer the 7" screen.

For myself if the pb using os2 (as it is advertised ) had the ability to use jump drives AND internet sticks I would consider it perfect
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-13-12 03:17 AM
    I said

In my case my "better for business use" playbook cannot access our corporate e-mail on web-mail but others in my office have no problem doing it with ipads and various android tablets.
    I really hope os 2 fixes this issue as I would like to use the playbook for business and as a proud Canadian I want to see a Canadian company succeed
    i could be wrong but i believe his reply was suggesting you (your daughter) use the same method on the playbook as she uses to transfer music from her ipad to her ipod. even though i don't think the playbook can communicate with an ipod to begin with. (but i've never tried)
    01-13-12 03:19 AM
    I said
    It's a legit question though, how can a pb load music on ipod? ipod need a laptop to sync with itunes or OTA with wifi.
    01-13-12 03:20 AM
    It's a legit question though, how can a pb load music on ipod? ipod need a laptop to sync with itunes or OTA with wifi.
    A question to who?
    An ipad had absolutely nothing to do with my original post, read it again, not once did I say she had an ipad or wanted an ipad.
    Why change the subject from why she didn't like her playbook to a question about an ipad
    01-13-12 05:53 AM
    i could be wrong but i believe his reply was suggesting you (your daughter) use the same method on the playbook as she uses to transfer music from her ipad to her ipod. even though i don't think the playbook can communicate with an ipod to begin with. (but i've never tried)
    Nowhere did I say she had an ipad or even wanted an ipad.

Lets not address the fact the playbook kept freezing on the internet.
    Lets not address the fact the playbook could not be used for accessing her university e-mail.
    Lets change the subject to an ipad to ipod music transfer which had nothing to do with my post
    01-13-12 05:59 AM
    Nowhere did I say she had an ipad or even wanted an ipad.

Lets not address the fact the playbook kept freezing on the internet.
    Lets not address the fact the playbook could not be used for accessing her university e-mail.
    Lets change the subject to an ipad to ipod music transfer which had nothing to do with my post
    You are getting angry for no reason here. just curious.

Actually I am also having issues of pb logging into cpanel on my linux server, thus the webmail. If the university is using the same, it might explain her issues. Hopefully someone here know how to deal with that.

There's always a way.
    01-13-12 06:28 AM
    just have the mail forwarded to another email account that u can access with the pb. i maybe oversimplifying it but sometimes simplicity is key.
    01-13-12 06:44 AM
    I said

I was curious as I don't know. Just wonder why you even bring up loading music from it if we are talking about tablets if the ipad can't do that either.

So in other words she is need of a computer and not a tablet.
    01-13-12 06:52 AM
    You are getting angry for no reason here. just curious.

Actually I am also having issues of pb logging into cpanel on my linux server, thus the webmail. If the university is using the same, it might explain her issues. Hopefully someone here know how to deal with that.

There's always a way.
    Not angry at all just confused on how my post got turned into an ipad music issue
    01-13-12 09:25 PM
    Not angry at all just confused on how my post got turned into an ipad music issue
    Maybe because you were talking about a tablet and you went and mentioned ipod. Since we are talking about a tablet me myself was curious if you could do this with an ipad since an ipad should integrate will with an ipod maybe? Then others took more from the ipod comment.

tried it but it doesn't work
    our IT guy couldn't find a solution

Here is another story
    My youngest daughter's best friend dropped her laptop and broke it, she lives on her own and works full-time.
    Last semester she was taking 2 on-line university courses so she had to go to her parents house to use their desktop, while she is saving up for a new laptop.

Her parents bought her a pb for Christmas, after a week she returned it and putting the money towards a laptop.
    She could not access her university e-mail with the pb
    The pb kept freezing while on the internet
    Couldn't load music on her ipod

These were all important things for her and she has told all her friends on how useless a pb is.
    She does have a bb phone, but even that didn't help her much.
    I can see where the pb really missed the boat for university students.

Hopefully the new os addresses these problems
    01-13-12 09:34 PM
    I was curious as I don't know. Just wonder why you even bring up loading music from it if we are talking about tablets if the ipad can't do that either.

So in other words she is need of a computer and not a tablet.
    In the original post I stated the three reasons on why she hated the playbook, only one of which was music related.
    Any tablet regardless of it being made by Rim, Apple or android manufacturer should be able to surf the internet if it has a web-browser and wi-fi.
    As I stated her playbook kept freezing.
    If someone had asked me to elaborate I would have told them that yes she has the latest updates.
    Yes she tried it on more than one occasion and on different networks including mine (my playbook works fine on mine)
    The problems include at least every half hour the browser would just close and she would need to re-start it.
    It would also regularly freeze while loading web-pages.

The point of not being able to access her university e-mail is not only similar to my problem accessing lotus web-mail, but once again is something that imo any tablet should be able to do.

She should not need a computer imo to do those two things.

If the only issue was the loading music on her ipod, she would not have taken the pb back. Like I said she was/is saving up for a new laptop anyways.

As I also stated I think RIM missed the boat here.
    A lot of university aged students are into technology and a tablet that cannot access e-mail or keeps freezing on the internet will not sell well

I don't know why the focus of the replies seemed to be centered around the music issue and not the performance issue.
    01-13-12 09:50 PM
    Probably because the email and performance issues should be resolved with the new OS when it comes out. The others are years ahead of the playbook baby OS. Also many do not have freezing issues, I know I don't unless you are calling freezing a pause in loading. I get that on my core i7 laptop esp on here.
    01-13-12 09:57 PM
    Maybe because you were talking about a tablet and you went and mentioned ipod. Since we are talking about a tablet me myself was curious if you could do this with an ipad since an ipad should integrate will with an ipod maybe? Then others took more from the ipod comment.
    Fine then, but why did you quote my post, that is what I don't understand because I never mentioned an ipad.
    In most forums I am on when you quote a post and then ask the question you are asking the quoted person.
    Since I didn't mention loading music with an ipad, and you quoted me it came accross to me as you asking a rhetorical question meant to point out the obvious.
    If that was not your intent or I took your post wrong my apologies.
    01-13-12 10:00 PM
    Fine then, but why did you quote my post, that is what I don't understand because I never mentioned an ipad.
    In most forums I am on when you quote a post and then ask the question you are asking the quoted person.
    Since I didn't mention loading music with an ipad, and you quoted me it came accross to me as you asking a rhetorical question meant to point out the obvious.
    If that was not your intent or I took your post wrong my apologies.
    Was not my intent. As I said since we are talking about a tablet I was curious if other tables were able to that. Natural progression to go from ipod to ipad wouldn't you think? It's all good. Whatever works for her is what works.
    01-13-12 10:04 PM
    Probably because the email and performance issues should be resolved with the new OS when it comes out. The others are years ahead of the playbook baby OS. Also many do not have freezing issues, I know I don't unless you are calling freezing a pause in loading. I get that on my core i7 laptop esp on here.
    That was my point on the original post (the one before i mentioned my daughters friend)
    People claim that the pb is the best communication tablet out there, but I don't agree because of its inability to read e-mails on lotus notes web-mail, then in my second post I mentioned the issues with at least one university's e-mail
    Oddly as well I mentioned at least twice how happy I am that os2 should resolve this issue.

I really like my pb with the exception of the e-mail issue, and if os2 resolves this issue then it will turn my pb from at toy to tool.
    01-13-12 10:19 PM
    wow. this thread has died a horrible death.
    01-14-12 10:15 AM
    well i read your whole post and appreciate your humble opinion. As for the others, when did everyone get so lazy as to read a couple paragraphs? Does anyone even read books anymore? Do they even read 1 chapter of a book? How about the 2-3 paragraph description at the BACK of the book? So sad.
    01-14-12 10:35 AM
    I hate e-mail...all I seem to do is delete adverts, spam, and requests donate my body to feed the homeless headhunting cannibals in Borneo. I delete on my phone and on my PC, and now I'm gonna' have to delete from the Playbook....sheeesshhhh....
    01-14-12 10:41 AM
    I hate e-mail...all I seem to do is delete adverts, spam, and requests donate my body to feed the homeless headhunting cannibals in Borneo. I delete on my phone and on my PC, and now I'm gonna' have to delete from the Playbook....sheeesshhhh....
    That's what happens when you're so popular

I don't think I will use the native email on the PB as I have it on my phone and can bridge, have it on the laptop,and also at work.
    But what I will use is the txt msg ability, for other than BBM, as I am, what they consider, the 'black' sheep of the family, since they are all droids and i's.
    01-14-12 11:49 AM
    That's what happens when you're so popular

I don't think I will use the native email on the PB as I have it on my phone and can bridge, have it on the laptop,and also at work.
    But what I will use is the txt msg ability, for other than BBM, as I am, what they consider, the 'black' sheep of the family, since they are all droids and i's.
    I knew you were, I could just tell. Don't know if I'm the black sheep or not cause I'm the only one with a smartphone. Well cept the nephews and nieces who all have adroids.
    01-14-12 11:52 AM
    I knew you were, I could just tell. Don't know if I'm the black sheep or not cause I'm the only one with a smartphone. Well cept the nephews and nieces who all have adroids.
    LOL yeah... no BBM contacts for me! and the young'uns don't even know how to talk on the phone anymore... all txt'g.
    Since my daughter quit her job at the bank, and now drives an 18 wheeler all over the country, it is better for her to txt to me, due to the time zone issues and her txts at 3am!
    01-14-12 12:16 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD