I am patiently awaiting an OS2 update like the rest of you. However, unlike most of you, I could care less about Android App Support. I know we need it, but only because it was promised. We do need more quality apps, but developers need to create PB apps. RIM needs to take some of its stockpile of cash and give it to developers. Just my thoughts...

Wouldn't a killer app be creating an Android and iOS bridge application? That's right... Allow the PB to share email/calendar/SMS from other devices. All it should take is a client installed on the phones + bluetooth. Native email (etc) is nice, but the bridge idea is great. RIM should be commended for this. Who's with me on this?

Needs:
    • Bridged SMS
    • Bulletproof the bridge
    • Complete app dev kit for native PB apps
    • More customization options. EI: Create folders, themes, etc

Wants:
    • Create an Android and iOS bridge application.
    • Native email/calendar/BBM
    • RIM to 'donate' $25K to Rovio & Netflix for reasons unknown . Also donate smaller sums to other developers.
    • DLNA
    09-14-11 07:34 PM
    Really? No comments on an Android and iOS bridge application?
    09-15-11 12:38 AM
    I'm afraid that ship has sailed. Might want to wait until it arrives back to port.
    09-15-11 01:03 AM
    Perhaps I missed it or I was in hibernation, but is there really an OS2.0 coming? I mean, it is really confirmed by RIM or someone started an urban legend?...
    09-15-11 09:41 AM
    I would like to see the slow web browser get fixed. The PB has powerful hardware so I'm pretty sure this can all be fixed in software. I'm getting very frustrated by it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 11:39 AM
    Perhaps I missed it or I was in hibernation, but is there really an OS2.0 coming? I mean, it is really confirmed by RIM or someone started an urban legend?...
    09-15-11 01:41 PM
    For myself my f-ing laptop just broke soooooooo

-ability to print
    -browser must be much faster at rendering
    -native email (the web client offered by my university is almost impossible to use on the pb)
    -multitasking within tabs
    -more reliable wifi connectivity (the number of disconnections on campus when compared to my laptop is embarassing)
    -better pdf reader and office suite
    -autocorrect

come on RIM! you can't market the pb as a professional grade tablet that when actually tested in an environment that requires such... does not perform!
    09-15-11 02:11 PM
    My hope for OS 2.0, particularly given the earnings report just announced and the lackluster shipped data for the Playbook, is that OS 2.0 actually comes out and that RIM does not simply throw in the towel on the device.
    09-15-11 03:40 PM
    My hope for OS 2.0, particularly given the earnings report just announced and the lackluster shipped data for the Playbook, is that OS 2.0 actually comes out and that RIM does not simply throw in the towel on the device.
    I have not gotten to that thread yet but it is in an open tab just waiting for me (sigh)
    09-15-11 05:09 PM
    For myself my f-ing laptop just broke soooooooo

-ability to print
    -browser must be much faster at rendering
    -native email (the web client offered by my university is almost impossible to use on the pb)
    -multitasking within tabs
    -more reliable wifi connectivity (the number of disconnections on campus when compared to my laptop is embarassing)
    -better pdf reader and office suite
    -autocorrect

come on RIM! you can't market the pb as a professional grade tablet that when actually tested in an environment that requires such... does not perform!
    My expectations are the same, and if RIM wants to win working people market add usb on the go support ! hardware has such capability , what is the problem ? you get a bunch of smart developers, give them a huge bonus and voila! You will be serviced in less than a month...
    09-15-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD