So I went to the mall here in Trinidad with a pal. All I took was my PB, thought I would show it off and maybe get a few sold for RIM.

Anyway, as I came out of the car, I put the PB in the front pocket of my jeans and went into the mall. Everything went pretty good. I actually saw 4 other PB being used to take pics. So when we returned a few hours later, the car was broken into and my pal's laptop bag was gone. I panicked, thought I lost my PB. In the midst of all this, the security says "What's that in your pocket?" Man I was relieved. My PB was safe. The laptop bag was retrieved later that day, minus the laptop. I am sorry my pal lost a valuable item, but I swear I almost came realizing my PB was safe.

To RIM, thanks for making the PB this size, but you gotta ramp up the Marketing.
    01-02-12 11:57 AM
    Wow portability comes in handy in more ways than one....sorry for your loss happy for your gain. Thanks for the post.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-02-12 12:00 PM
    Theres something to be said about portability, nice post. Sorry to hear about your friends laptop. During the holidays I watched my cousins carry around laptops trying to find a place to use them and the uncomfortable positions on their lap, it was kinda funny, because I remember when that use to be me. They were amazed when I used the bridge because of the lack of wifi at an elderly family members house. Luv my PlayBook
    DPSydBerry and Willard814 like this.
    01-02-12 12:21 PM
    Same here - my first Holiday where I have never been divorced from the internet, even at my elderly Mom's house where I used to have to drag out a laptop and hookup to the phone line, just to check email, as well as answer all the questions about what I was doing and why .
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-02-12 12:24 PM
    Theres something to be said about portability, nice post. Sorry to hear about your friends laptop. During the holidays I watched my cousins carry around laptops trying to find a place to use them and the uncomfortable positions on their lap, it was kinda funny, because I remember when that use to be me. They were amazed when I used the bridge because of the lack of wifi at an elderly family members house. Luv my PlayBook
    Good thing iPads are portable too...

01-02-12 12:31 PM

Click to view quoted image
    haha.... that's funny!

now he just have to find a wifi hotspot or pay the tethering fee
    01-02-12 12:35 PM
    i like that pick, thumbs up!!!
    01-02-12 12:47 PM
    The PB wouldn't fit into my skinny jeans
    01-02-12 01:02 PM
    i just got mine for xmas! using it on the subway was so easy when its crowded! i see iPad users almost as uncomfortable as laptop users. its size is perfect! i slip it into my front pocket(i still wear baggy jeans like it was still the 90s! lol), and take my 25 min walk to work with no problem! im not gonna lie, i rarely touch my Style anymore unless im texting or on fb.
    01-02-12 02:55 PM
    I've had several times momentary panics thinking "OMG, where's my PB???" only to realize it was in my pants pocket.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-02-12 02:55 PM
    So I went to the mall here in Trinidad with a pal. All I took was my PB, thought I would show it off and maybe get a few sold for RIM.

Anyway, as I came out of the car, I put the PB in the front pocket of my jeans and went into the mall. Everything went pretty good. I actually saw 4 other PB being used to take pics. So when we returned a few hours later, the car was broken into and my pal's laptop bag was gone. I panicked, thought I lost my PB. In the midst of all this, the security says "What's that in your pocket?" Man I was relieved. My PB was safe. The laptop bag was retrieved later that day, minus the laptop. I am sorry my pal lost a valuable item, but I swear I almost came realizing my PB was safe.

To RIM, thanks for making the PB this size, but you gotta ramp up the Marketing.
    Great to hear your PB is safe, but that sounds really dirty.
    01-02-12 03:06 PM
    LOL.... I know, but I was sooooo relieved to have my Playbook. Especially considering the fact that they are not officially on sale here. I had to ask a relative to bring it in for me. BTW Blackjack, thanks for your guidance on what to do when you first get the device. I was prepared to resuscitate it if it was DOA. Thankfully it works without any probs. I bridged it to my BB9000 and I have not had a single glitch(knock on wood).
    01-02-12 10:36 PM
    Glad your PB is safe!
    01-02-12 10:42 PM
    I had my pb in the shopping cart at the grocery store and turned around to look at some veggies for a second and had the same feeling as the OP. Good thing it was still there...
    01-02-12 10:47 PM
    An up side to this story, your buddy might just decide to pick up a PB instead next time.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-02-12 10:51 PM

Click to view quoted image

BigAssPocket
    OMG lol!

Websites have to change to accommodate the Bigasspad, why not jeans? Too funny....haven't had a good belly laugh in years...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-03-12 at 03:43 AM.
    01-03-12 03:41 AM
    LOL.... I know, but I was sooooo relieved to have my Playbook. Especially considering the fact that they are not officially on sale here. I had to ask a relative to bring it in for me. BTW Blackjack, thanks for your guidance on what to do when you first get the device. I was prepared to resuscitate it if it was DOA. Thankfully it works without any probs. I bridged it to my BB9000 and I have not had a single glitch(knock on wood).
    A pleasure - personal goal - every playbook owner is happy
    01-03-12 03:42 AM
    I've had several times momentary panics thinking "OMG, where's my PB???" only to realize it was in my pants pocket.
    How big are your pants that you would not automatically feel the weight, albeit relatively lightweight, of the BlackBerry PlayBook in a pocket? "[YT]Pants on the Ground[/YT]," anyone?
    01-03-12 06:53 AM
    So much for the YouTube forum tags...

How big are your pants that you would not automatically feel the weight, albeit relatively lightweight, of the BlackBerry PlayBook in a pocket? " ," anyone?
    01-03-12 06:57 AM
    I thought of this thread as I walked into the not so nice part of downtown LA this evening. Used my PB to take a few shots, then looked over to see several shady characters watching me. I quickly tucked it under my arm and scrammed, but got stuck waiting for the light to change at the street as a few were heading my way. About this time my bb buzzes, it's my wife calling. I instinctively pull it out, then felt like even more of a target and tell her I'll call her back. I know I was being paranoid since I was out of my normal element, but I can guarantee ish goes down all the time in that area. Of course, I was wearing a pair of pants that didn't have PB sized pockets cuz I tried to stuff it in to hide it. Popped into Rite-Aid and then felt better.

So much for the YouTube forum tags...

How big are your pants that you would not automatically feel the weight, albeit relatively lightweight, of the BlackBerry PlayBook in a pocket? " ," anyone?
    Just your standard fit Docker style slacks. I haul a lot of stuff in my pockets, but it wasn't so much a weight issue as the realization that it's not in my hands or under an arm. Just today I was walking around with my pockets full. Besides my George Costanza-sized wallet, I had a mifi, my pb charger, my Torch, a set of headphones and a stylus.
    01-04-12 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD