The cat in ancient Egypt was a sacred and respected animal. It was in Egypt that cats were first domesticated more than 4000 years ago, and around 2000 BCE that the fully domesticated cat was brought into the houses of Egyptians.

The ancient Egyptians took their cats on hunting trips instead of dogs, and statues of cats were placed outside the house to protect the inhabitants and to ward off evil spirits. This showed that the cat had become an integral part of ancient Egyptian family life.

Cats were not only protected by almost every occupant of Egypt, but also by the law. So extreme in fact was the devoutness of the Egyptian culture to the cat, that if a human killed a feline, either intentionally or unintentionally, that human was sentenced to death.

Laws were set that also forbade the exportation of cats, though more often than not, many were smuggled to the neighboring Mediterranean countries.

The cat held a powerful spot in the history of Egypt. While she protected the land and its people, she also protected the mystique that was and is the cat in ancient Egypt.
    And look where it got them then. !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-10-13 08:08 AM
    And look where it got them then. !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Love my BlackBerry PlayBook
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    06-11-13 10:39 PM

Love my BlackBerry PlayBook
    Here's the clue! I meant where it got the E gip chants! Not the cats.
    06-12-13 09:15 AM
    This sir, may very well be true!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 09:32 AM
    When the teachers away the students will play. In this case the inmates.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 09:39 AM
    Here's the clue! I meant where it got the E gip chants! Not the cats.
    I can sic the nation of my subjects on you.
    My grandma's rockin' a 64 GB Playbook!-sphinx.jpg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 09:42 AM
    I can sic the nation of my subjects on you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sphinx.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	173462
    You can't tattoo a cat you heathen. It's against all codes of decent behaviour towards another human. I mean cat I think, anyway its wrong anyway, well unless it's a Chinese dragon and then it's ok. I think. Maybe not but whatever it's only a cat.

I should have stayed in the cellar!
    06-18-13 11:31 AM
    Attached is pictorial proof that grandma and I are Playbook fans. Best thing about it is that I now get less and less "tech support" phone calls from her. Her Jedi skills are growing!My grandma's rockin' a 64 GB Playbook!-image.jpg
    FF22, sad_old_man, dphjeff and 1 others like this.
    07-05-13 09:36 PM
    Very cool indeed.
    07-05-13 10:05 PM
    Attached is pictorial proof that grandma and I are Playbook fans. Best thing about it is that I now get less and less "tech support" phone calls from her. Her Jedi skills are growing!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	179423
    You sure your grandma is spoken for? I'm coming over there shortly!
    07-06-13 06:37 AM
    You sure your grandma is spoken for? I'm coming over there shortly!
    You are just hunting for a pasties making slave aren't you?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-06-13 06:59 AM
    You are just hunting for a pasties making slave aren't you?
    Are you casting nasturtiums on my character cat. I was hoping the nice lady could help me with my pb!
    07-06-13 07:05 AM
    Are you casting nasturtiums on my character cat. I was hoping the nice lady could help me with my pb!
    Warning to all nice ladies, do not approach, do not offer pasties most of all hide your pbs from this man!!
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    07-06-13 07:09 AM
    Warning to all nice ladies, do not approach, do not offer pasties most of all hide your pbs from this man!!
    You forgot the brandy!
    07-06-13 07:13 AM
    Yeah, she's been happily married to the same guy for almost 60 years! Don't think she is plannin' on changing any time soon.
    FF22, dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    07-08-13 11:21 PM
    Yeah, she's been happily married to the same guy for almost 60 years! Don't think she is plannin' on changing any time soon.
    Anything changed with grandma, I'm in merica now!
    07-31-13 04:41 PM
    Anything changed with grandma, I'm in merica now!
    Careful. We don't want to create a new sex crime for you - we have kiddie p0rn and you're on your way to BIDDY p0rn.
    07-31-13 06:53 PM
    07-31-13 09:07 PM
    Great Thread travisp11, I will be 69 this Aug. I love my 'Playbook' and Z10, great companions; I would not wont to be with out them!
    I am thinking about getting a second Playbook as a stand by and to take some of the heat off the first one.
    07-31-13 10:57 PM
    Our 90-year old neighbor loves my PlayBook too. He keeps borrowing it and I just wondered why. So, one time, I sneaked into his window to see what he is doing with my PlayBook. I just noticed that he typed some site (probably) and he is way too slow that I noticed the fly from his coffee managed to get a swim because its becoming colder, went to his kitchen and came back with his friend...

Then my neighbor press "go". He put down the PB, go to the bathroom. And at speed less than the speed of a dying turtle, I noticed that the browser keeps loading (with its circle circling waiting thing). Heard the flush of the toilet and by the same pace going to the bathroom and coming back to the sofa, the site has been loaded. And he smile like he is on time...

If that happens to my 9-year old nephew, the PlayBook would be flying across the street...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-31-13 11:56 PM
70 123