You only live once!
    And die a thousand deaths!
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    06-08-13 12:33 AM
    so she'll be 92 when bb10 arrives for playbook.

Hang in there granny
    What do you mean you wayward carpet crab you? You'll also be 92 when bb10 arrives on the pb!
    FF22 and Cynycl like this.
    06-08-13 07:11 AM
    Well done Gran!

I bought my parents a PlayBook for Christmas and was slightly apprehensive about their tech knowledge. I wasn't confident that they would be able to use it as they had only just gotten used to their PC.

I needn't have worried though, as they have both taken to it like a fish to water. We video chat regularly which has saved them a fortune in phone bills and allows them to see the kids. My mother loves the games and is apparently addicted to Bejeweled!

They had a scare recently when it wouldn't charge and we're asking me how much it would cost to replace, something I never thought they would ever ask seeing how tight they usually are

PlayBook is a great device that has been suffering under BlackBerry. They could make a success of it, but they refuse to even try. It should be a loss leader that helps ease customers into the BlackBerry experience, instead it is just an orphan that is lived by those who pick it up.
    06-09-13 02:55 AM
    For all those interested parties out there, us old people out here in the world are capable of a little more than sitting in a corner dribbling down our chins and peeing ourselves. (exclude me from that) . If we are given the chance we can even operate things as complex as a tin opener.
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-09-13 06:43 AM
    For all those interested parties out there, us old people out here in the world are capable of a little more than sitting in a corner dribbling down our chins and peeing ourselves. (exclude me from that) . If we are given the chance we can even operate things as complex as a tin opener.
    oh hail mature people
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 06:59 AM
    oh hail mature people
    I don't know what your laughing at you'll be one sooner or later.
    06-09-13 07:19 AM
    See, that's why they invented glass keyboards - they wipe clean so much easier. As for peeing ourselves - well, that DEPENDS!
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 09:18 AM
    See, that's why they invented glass keyboards - they wipe clean so much easier. As for peeing ourselves - well, that DEPENDS!
    It's all about Poise.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 09:30 AM
    It's all about Poise.

Posted via CB10
    Who invented cats?
    06-09-13 03:30 PM
    Cats are very important.
    06-09-13 03:55 PM
    Cats are very important.
    Please don't let me stand in the way of your edification of the masses. Why?
    06-09-13 04:02 PM
    They just are....

You made me laugh so hard!!!
    06-09-13 04:49 PM
    Good to hear your granny like the PB! At this price point, PB is absolutely worth the money than other tablets on the market. I don't understand people being silly spending more money for those other over-priced tablets, such as e-readers, Samsung Galaxy Tabs or other Android tablets, not to mention the most over-priced iPads.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    06-09-13 05:03 PM
    The cat in ancient Egypt was a sacred and respected animal. It was in Egypt that cats were first domesticated more than 4000 years ago, and around 2000 BCE that the fully domesticated cat was brought into the houses of Egyptians.

The ancient Egyptians took their cats on hunting trips instead of dogs, and statues of cats were placed outside the house to protect the inhabitants and to ward off evil spirits. This showed that the cat had become an integral part of ancient Egyptian family life.

Cats were not only protected by almost every occupant of Egypt, but also by the law. So extreme in fact was the devoutness of the Egyptian culture to the cat, that if a human killed a feline, either intentionally or unintentionally, that human was sentenced to death.

Laws were set that also forbade the exportation of cats, though more often than not, many were smuggled to the neighboring Mediterranean countries.

The cat held a powerful spot in the history of Egypt. While she protected the land and its people, she also protected the mystique that was and is the cat in ancient Egypt.
    KittyBomb and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 05:34 PM
    I like
    dawgs
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 05:42 PM
    I like
    dawgs
    Your mommy should tell you the story about The Dingo Ate My Baby.
    Cynycl, KittyBomb and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 05:50 PM
    The art of training cats must have been lost with the demise of the Pharaohs and the flooding of Alexandria. There are no cats in this house. Only a six foot tall rodent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 06:10 PM
    I'm gettin' heartburn. Tony, do something terrible.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 06:39 PM
    Thank you for saying what I should have, seeing your avatar I can see you know your cats!!

The cat in ancient Egypt was a sacred and respected animal. It was in Egypt that cats were first domesticated more than 4000 years ago, and around 2000 BCE that the fully domesticated cat was brought into the houses of Egyptians.

The ancient Egyptians took their cats on hunting trips instead of dogs, and statues of cats were placed outside the house to protect the inhabitants and to ward off evil spirits. This showed that the cat had become an integral part of ancient Egyptian family life.

Cats were not only protected by almost every occupant of Egypt, but also by the law. So extreme in fact was the devoutness of the Egyptian culture to the cat, that if a human killed a feline, either intentionally or unintentionally, that human was sentenced to death.

Laws were set that also forbade the exportation of cats, though more often than not, many were smuggled to the neighboring Mediterranean countries.

The cat held a powerful spot in the history of Egypt. While she protected the land and its people, she also protected the mystique that was and is the cat in ancient Egypt.
    06-09-13 07:08 PM

Hmmm. That sounds alot like what we are taught in Gooseberry history...are you sure you got that straight??
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 07:15 PM
    Hmmm. That sounds alot like what we are taught in Gooseberry history...are you sure you got that straight??
    I fear YOUR grandma rocked the fermented gooseberry. It might be time for a cork in your oral history!
    06-09-13 07:44 PM
    The only famous bush is the one Moses saw burning in Mount Horeb. I'm not sure how your gooseberry related to that burning bush. Are you fire ********?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 08:06 PM
    The only famous bush is the one Moses saw burning in Mount Horeb. I'm not sure how your gooseberry related to that burning bush. Are you fire ********?
    Yeah, that was a gooseberry bush. After we had to wander (Hey, no legs!) in the desert we got pretty dry. Spontaneous combustion but the humans thought otherwise. That's okay.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 08:18 PM
    Yeah, that was a gooseberry bush. After we had to wander (Hey, no legs!) in the desert we got pretty dry. Spontaneous combustion but the humans thought otherwise. That's okay.
    From burning bush to gooseberry to tumbleweed, that's quite a stretch. I'm sure next you turn into coral reef when the red sea was unparted.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 08:29 PM
    I don't know what your laughing at you'll be one sooner or later.
    I will be senile , now I'm just schizophrenic :what:
    06-10-13 04:13 AM
70 123