Rim hit a home run with the playbook. I came back from my local BB where I spent a half hour with the PB. Took me about one minute to figure It out and had my phone paired 30 seconds later. I stopped short of installing the bridge on my phone.

The device was flawless and screen is gorgeous I'm hooked. I'm goingbyp consult with the better half and see where we go. I can live with some of the issues people have posted about, I know they will be resolved in time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 12:49 PM
    To be fair, RIM is only known as a vehicle for BBM to those that really shouldn't be using a Blackberry.
    Why shouldn't someone bay and use a Blackberry for BBM. Outside of the corporate BES world it really is the main advantage of having a BB (though the form factor of a classic BB is also a plus as is battery life and the cellular radios are always excellent). It really is the best messaging platform available.

OTOH Web browsing has always been rather poor and BIS email really isn't that good compared to Exchange Active Sync on many of the other mobile platforms. It's annoying that putting a non BB provisioned SIM in the phone disables most of the BB features.
    04-21-11 01:17 PM
    This is the problem..Fanboys act like they can't see beyond a product that they support. I support whatever is a good product and this PB that I purchased today is a wonderful and fast product..However, it lacks greatly in what its intended to do.. The FB, yahoo, GM and other things are gimmicks!!! these are supposed to be apps and they are simply web pages.. This is horribly rushed and doesn't have any developer support. Its going back soon as I wait on the Touchpad.!!! SMH at RIM
    Patience can lead us to fruitful results.. I know it has got a few bugs (maybe blunders) but it's just their first experience with PB. First time they released something different than their typical handsets so i guess a couple of new PB versions with added features will be fine.
    04-22-11 02:09 AM
    Patience can lead us to fruitful results.. I know it has got a few bugs (maybe blunders) but it's just their first experience with PB. First time they released something different than their typical handsets so i guess a couple of new PB versions with added features will be fine.
    Tis true, I hope they come out with an update soon to fix a few of these bugs. I understand that its BlackBerry's first run at a tablet, but it seems like there was not enoguh work put into it. Its a powerful machine, but compared to the first iPad, the Playbook is nothing more than a Broswer at the moment. I can't wait for an update to make the PlayBook usable for more than just broswing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 09:14 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD