I've been thinking about writing this for about 3 weeks now, I been reading the post of all my fellow Blackberry fans through the high hopes for the future and unfortunately what turned out to be broken promises and some out right lies for years now. so lets get to it. Blackberry it's not you its me, I'm so sorry I can't do this anymore. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect some different outcome, the problem here is that I'm not insane, stupid but not insane I have to move on. My wife introduced me to you years ago and I fell hard for you and still have many fond memories, But I work hard for my monies and can only take so many broken promises and lies. I endured YEARS of being laughed at by friends and family when I whipped out my trusty Blackberry 9650 and looked jealously at all the new options everyone and I mean EVERYONE else's phone had, but I stuck with you in hope that one day you too would have those very same options. Then the Playbook came out, very badly for the first launch ,ok sorry side note: Blackberry if you want to launch a new product and your bread and butter is E-MAIL & TEXT communications you may want to make sure you have that included on your new product when everyone else's tablet has E-MAIL and or TEXT communications options on theirs...but I digress the email & text thing was also somehow my fault. I love my Playbook now, but it needs an update VERY & EXTREMLY & BADLY along with what do they call those little programs mobile devices are supposed to run oh that right "APPS". I bought 3 Playbooks the last one because I read quotes from your Blackberry management reinforcing BB10 was going to be ported to Playbook and low and behold the very same week I got it in the mail, you JACKED me when Thorsten Heins revealed that not only would I not get BB10 on the three Playbooks I now have but I also would not be getting any new updates, basically you sold me dead-end tech, nice tech but dead never the less. I was even willing to forgive the Playbook debacle and was looking into getting a Z10. The Z10 was the Blackberry phone I'd been waiting for years to rock, I was so looking forward to whipping it out in front of my friends and family and then link it to my Playbook thru the bridge to prove to all of them how wrong they'd been about you Blackberry, But the bridge was NOWHERE near as good as the bridge between my Playbook and my very old Blackberry 9650, Yea I know, this is my fault too. Enough was enough I bought TWO Samsung S3's and made my wife give up her Blackberry 9650 also, its been 3 week with S3 and I LOVE IT, sorry no more lies I'm going to be honest with you, I loved it so much I also bought a Samsung Tab 2, its over a year old and has basically the same spec's as my Playbook's but you know what, it came with Ice Cream sandwich 4.0 and low and behold Samsung updated the "OS TWICE" in a little more then a year to Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Yea people I was speechless also. it been so long since I've seen a tablet update I almost fell on the floor. So when you tell me you can't update our Playbooks, what you should be saying is that you won't update the playbook OS, That a Huge difference. You don't value Playbook owners or their hard earned cash who by nature are your hardcore Blackberry sale base that helped keep your troubled company afloat until now, using your past history why would I ever trust you to keep any future promises about a BB10 phone or for that matter BB10 OS period. Now that I think about this hot mess and write you this long (Sorry you'll) note this whole breakup is really "Your Fault" I wanted to stay and tried to live with your faults, but sorry our time is up. I wish you the best Blackberry, and to all the forum posters it been a pleasure reading your thoughts and replies. I'll be over in Android Central, But I may check-in to say Hi from time to time, Good luck my friends.

PS. My wife really doesn't want to admit it but she loves her S3 and all the Games & Apps I downloaded for her for free, She on it all the time now.
    Last edited by ToddJack; 09-08-13 at 02:37 AM.
    09-08-13 02:21 AM
    I just got back together with BlackBerry but I have a feeling I will soon be writing the same post as you. Although I will be going with iphone not samsung. I keep hoping for the best but the news keeps making my hopes seem less and less possible.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and kam2958 like this.
    09-08-13 02:28 AM
    Seanwplandry

Please remember "The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect some different outcome" I've walked in your shoe's for some time, I think we all know how this is going to end, not well.
    09-08-13 02:45 AM
    My friend, it's just a phone. Plenty more fish in the sea. Personally, I'm sad my Playbook wasn't better but I am very happy with my Z10 and bought it with both eyes open. I was waiting for the iPhone 5S but bought it for half the price. I guess it's likely that my next phone in 2 years won't be a Blackberry, but I thought that this time and was wrong. Who knows?
    09-08-13 02:53 AM
    @OP
    Three things:
    1. Your decision is perfectly valid. You could say it's already gone "viral" over the last couple of weeks. Personally I'm not there yet, but that's another story.
    2. There are obviously more possible definitions of insanity
    3. The way the market and the public responded to BB10 makes me wonder, if "us" not getting it, might not well be a blessing in disguise...
    09-08-13 03:08 AM
    It's nice that you took the time to write. Appreciated.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-08-13 05:35 AM
    I can see your points. Especially about the playbook and broken promises over and over again. I had the same feelings when i got z10. I think you are a little over melodramatic though with your friends "laughing" at you. This is just a phone! I hope they do not laugh at you because they do not like your house or car ! My suggestion to you. Change friends. Who knows what will happen with Blackberry two years from now. I hope the company will be still around under new management and new marketing team. Obviously current team completely sucks. I am happy with my blackberry at this point. I do not need a new phone. Blackberry has THE BEST MULTITASKING in the industry with lean and mean operating system.Z10 virtual keyboard is also the best. Way better than that glorified swiftkeyboard on Android (i've had many android tablets i just did not keep any of them )
    09-08-13 06:07 AM
    To each his own. Do drop by and say hello sometime you hear?
    09-08-13 07:23 AM
    wow 2 posts and one being he is leaving blackberry.

Bye
    Barljo, drmike and bungaboy like this.
    09-08-13 08:24 AM
    Really. Thinking about writing a good bye post on a BlackBerry forum for 3 weeks? Really? So assuming you thought about it for 3 weeks...you compiled your thoughts and decided today is the day. You sat in front of your computer, took a deep breath and went to CB.com and filled out the registration to become a member of the Crackberry nation.

You found the appropriate forum to place your post and then...you did it. Maybe you felt better afterwards I don't know. Maybe it did as it took you a whole 3 weeks to decide to post your farewell to BlackBerry.

You need to get laid more or get a life.

Insert obligatory "don't let the trolling door hit your *** on the way out." line here.

Posted via CB10
    Pulkit Kamal and bungaboy like this.
    09-08-13 08:42 AM
    Seriously guys lay off the cynicism and let the man has his say.
    jonce2012, FF22, devin266 and 3 others like this.
    09-08-13 09:03 AM
    Well it does look as though the future of BlackBerry is grimm and uncertain, however I still like...love my BlackBerry devices and will continue to use them until I cannot. I wish you well OP in your future smartphone endeavors, but keep in mind it's still just a phone and they are plentiful and come in various shape, sizes and colors......life will continue
    09-08-13 09:22 AM
    Really. Thinking about writing a good bye post on a BlackBerry forum for 3 weeks? Really?
    Reading most of the posts on these forums (including my own) makes me think a mandatory 3 week waiting period before posting anything might not be such a bad idea...
    09-08-13 10:19 AM
    I can see your points. Especially about the playbook and broken promises over and over again. I had the same feelings when i got z10. I think you are a little over melodramatic though with your friends "laughing" at you. This is just a phone! I hope they do not laugh at you because they do not like your house or car ! My suggestion to you. Change friends. Who knows what will happen with Blackberry two years from now. I hope the company will be still around under new management and new marketing team. Obviously current team completely sucks. I am happy with my blackberry at this point. I do not need a new phone. Blackberry has THE BEST MULTITASKING in the industry with lean and mean operating system.Z10 virtual keyboard is also the best. Way better than that glorified swiftkeyboard on Android (i've had many android tablets i just did not keep any of them )
    Totally agree on the keyboard. Nothing can touch the Z10 keyboard. For all the bumbling and mistakes made by BlackBerry, at least on BlackBerry 10 they maintained their tradition of focusing on how well the keyboard works. Whether physical or virtual.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-08-13 10:27 AM
    I have have to agree with the OP. I'm really sick of having to make excuses to people I know on why my phone can't do what theirs has been able to do for years.

Unfortunately I'm really starting to think that my next phone won't be a BlackBerry, not because I'm jumping ship, but because the company might not be around.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and LuisCast like this.
    09-08-13 10:43 AM
    That's cool, enjoy!

Custom houses aren't built from the roof, down, but from the foundation, up, and there's usually adaptations and hard decisions that must be made along the way. Many we like, some we don't, but that's life, and we adapt during the construction of the house. The foundation has been laid here, and the customizations, and tough decisions are being made, it's a dynamic world. Personally, myself and the family will be sticking around inside the most customizable, secure house on the block . Patience is a virtue....
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-08-13 11:30 AM
    Am I the only one who actually felt a lot of emotion in this write up? It really does make me sad

All the best with your S3, I would personally pick an HTC One if I wouldn't be on BlackBerry.

Bye </3
    haringfish likes this.
    09-08-13 11:37 AM
    OP, you're welcome to your opinion and I respect it, but there is a forum for this that is more appropriate for this post than this one and stickied for that reason, done so at popular request, actually a couple, here they are:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...s-here-800736/

Thanks
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-08-13 04:03 PM
    What is it their phones can do that yours can't? You didn't say apps, you said phone couldn't /can't do? Not sure what you have to excuse?

I have have to agree with the OP. I'm really sick of having to make excuses to people I know on why my phone can't do what theirs has been able to do for years.

Unfortunately I'm really starting to think that my next phone won't be a BlackBerry, not because I'm jumping ship, but because the company might not be around.

Posted via CB10

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    mk2234 likes this.
    09-08-13 04:18 PM
    I got over my Playbooks real quick with the New Nexus 7.....
    09-08-13 04:51 PM
    see, that's why I keep coming back to crackberry forums, for the funny posts like the OP, AND for the hilarious replies like drmike, who is a little over defensive for an out dated and abandoned tech! but I have to totally agree with the OP for his reasons and thinking... I have sold both my PB and moved on to greener pastures and couldn't be more happier! good luck to all you folks who seem to hold on to a dying tech and ABONDONED by BB and I hope your loyalty will pay off....NOT! lol

EDIT: but I gotta say I feel sorry for the poor folks who paid FULL price and not the fire sale for these devices and then were told they would be getting OS10 for the PB and then afterwards were told that BB was dropping the whole shebang...that's gotta be a kick in the @SS lol
    Spencerdl and LuisCast like this.
    09-08-13 05:46 PM
    Well said Beman39...I also enjoy some of the replies...LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-08-13 05:52 PM
    It's a phone. Get a life man.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Spencerdl like this.
    09-08-13 06:02 PM
    It's a phone. Get a life man.

Posted via CB10
    umm no, it's a tablet, yes it was a great tablet when it (sorta) had updates and supported by BB, but then BB abandoned it like some sort of black sheep of the family! let me ask you this, what good is a great tablet without the support of its maker? absolutely nothing! and that's ladies and gentlemen is why they are where they are now... had they done the right thing and backed up its clients ("us" the buyers) then I would have still kept my PB and even went to buy a Z10, like I'm sure so many many many others would have done! so now a lot of the clients dropped BB like the blacksheep of the family, sorta like a cosmic karma....what goes around comes around.
    09-08-13 06:16 PM
    Seriously, my next phone won't be blackberry. I have a lot to care about other than sideloading apps. I don't want to do BlackBerry job... other phone quite friendly than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 06:26 PM
35 12