I purchased PB this July at around Rs.19000(380 $) and within a month it stopped charging. Returned it to receive from the Service Centre(I had to travel 300kms!!) after 20 days. It was all fine when all of a sudden the left speaker stopped working after 15 days.. Again submitted it and received a new PB after 25 days. And now the new PB has a dead pixel, bulged back, battery health 75%(based on Battery Guru) and whenever I connect it with the laptop it is displaying- "Unable to charge battery with the connected source"(Though I have no intent to charge it through my laptop, But I m pretty sure this wasn't the case with my previous PB)..
    I am pretty sure that if this type of service continues, BB will be dead even before the battery in this PB dies..
    10-25-12 02:39 PM
    The message is new and it will still charge like always but not if the screen is on or if it's being used and very very slowly. Sounds like you've had a bad time. Still using the one I bought in July last year.
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    10-25-12 02:45 PM
    A victim of circumstance, as I have two and both have worked great from day one... it's too bad you have to travel far to get them swapped. The customer service has been fantastic for support issues. It may be the dealer is stocking up refurbs or returns... in any case, sorry to hear about your luck as the PlayBook is a really enjoyable device to use for what I need.
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    10-25-12 02:47 PM
    Sorry to hear of your troubles........

I have 2 and no hardware issues yet.

What was the battery health when you got it and what is the charge count.

The laptop USB port will not give the Playbook the kind of power it requires to get a full charge, so use the charger that it should of came with.

As far as the bulge goes...... It really not a big deal ..... I think it likes you.
    DC506, esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    10-25-12 03:00 PM
    what about the dead pixel? Will it start spreading? I called the Tech Support to which they said to submitt it..I really don't want to again be apart from the PlayBook(who won't fall in love with this device?!) for another 20 days!
    10-25-12 03:13 PM
    The dead pixels will soon start spreading and before morning they could spread over your entire body, just like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
    10-25-12 04:26 PM
    I've dealt with 6 PB's in my family here, and all are working fine, haven't suffered one of those problems.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-25-12 04:28 PM
    OP....This doesn't sound like bad BlackBerry service......You have had quite a bit of bad luck, but that is why we have warranties. Yes you will not have your Playbook for a couple of weeks (inconvient), but that is better than the alternative...... not having one at all. Good Luck.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-25-12 04:36 PM
    That's too bad O.P. - aside from frustrating glitches with my Playbooks ( like google trying to do a search before I'm done typing )....
    ...And the PDF reader being substandard I've had no charging or pixel issues at all!
    ...I hope you get a good one finally!
    10-25-12 04:44 PM
    Sorry to hear you've had such a struggle getting a "good" Playbook. RIM has been reported to be quite good at turning pbs around so I hope you get a keeper next time. I've had mine for a little over a year and haven't had any trouble with it at all. Good luck!
    10-25-12 04:48 PM
    I think the pb is better built than their phones...particularly my 9900. The build quality is better yet on the LTE.
    10-25-12 11:10 PM
    ... whenever I connect it with the laptop it is displaying- "Unable to charge battery with the connected source"(Though I have no intent to charge it through my laptop, But I m pretty sure this wasn't the case with my previous PB). ...
    On this specific point, kbz is correct: the warning message is new, but what it indicates has always been true. An ordinary USB connection doesn't supply enough power to even run the PB, much less charge the PB while it is on and the screen is active. Well, actually, power measurments indicate that the PB could run on USB power if the processor was doing very little and the screen intensity turned way down. Details along with much discussion of the new message can be found here in this thread:

| cannot charge via usb to PC since 2.1.0.1032 update - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    10-26-12 07:14 AM