My curiosity got the best of me and I'm ashamed to say that I fell victim to a Kindle Fire 1st gen.

I bid on one on ebay during the big storm and bagged it for 50 bucks. lt arrived and I got one in cherry condition. I downloaded and sideloaded every game and app that I have been wanting for my 2 Playbooks.

Having Netflix on a tablet is kind of kool but to be truthful I like watching Netflix on my TV better, so Playbooks are still safe from sale.

Played jetpack joyride, where's my water, amazing Alex and a few others that are currently not available on the Playbooks. It turns out that the K-fire is sluggish a few of the games crashed. When the sweetness of being able to play the games has worn off the sluggishness and apps crashing ........ well lets just say ........ Playbooks are safe from resale.

The K-fire is used so it may not be fair to judge the battery life but I'm going to just tell it like it is...... 90 minutes of game play sucked 60% of its life away and charging with a quick charger seems to take forever........... Playbooks are safe from the auction block.

Sideloading can be done without the use of a computer........... not that big of a deal..... Playbooks still safe from resale.

I almost bricked the K-fire just by side loading an app that prevented it from getting past the logo screen. Took me 6 hours of searching to find an android genius that created a debrick script that saved my behind..... Playbooks are still safe from resale.

The OS is so hard to use, to wake it up from standby you have to push the power button and then swipe a bar. Not having edge swipe is a pain. The main screen has the floating huge icons and the order changes as you use them, the screen has a big bar at the top and the home button on the bottom thst makes writing this post very difficult ....... Playbooks are still safe.

NOW FOR THE THING I LIKE MOST ABOUT MY PURCHASE.............. I'm going to make a nice profit on this sucker when I sell it next week.

11-01-12 10:40 PM
    kinda sounds like a dud. The wife used her fire for about 6 months with none of the issues you had and much much better battery life.
    11-01-12 10:44 PM