Ok so a few days ago I was at my buddy's place. As I was showing off my pb on the big screen tv streaming 1080 p videos while controlling everything through bridge remote on my 9900 he grabs his Ipad 2 and starts saying excitedly oh man "the new ipad is coming out and its going to be sick". So I was like why what does it have?.

So he starts with the camera and says, well it's going to have a next level back camera that has 5 mp, I am like my pb already has that

Then he goes on to how its going to be able to shoot 1080p videos, so right away I am like I already have that too .

Then he mentions that it is going to be so fast with 1gig of ram. Lol so I quickly say sorry pal I already have that too on my PB.

Then lastly he mentions that the screen resolution is going to be so much nicer than his current ipad 2 and then of course I come with my comeback and say well my pb already had a higher resolution and more pixels than ur current ipad2 and will more or less be the same as the new ipad when you factor in the size difference. Sorry Apple just seems to be a bit behind there pal and they are ripping you off as well with their ridiculously high prices.

Bottom line is our current playbooks are in no way going to be inferior to the new icrap I mean the new ipad.
    RIM has already been there done that.

Enough said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by M--Canuck; 03-13-12 at 10:36 AM.
    03-13-12 10:32 AM
    Now take your message to the masses and bring all the isheep into the fold!! Go tell it on the mountain!
    Willard814 and cdelcampo216 like this.
    03-13-12 10:36 AM
    Oh my gosh, he's gonna be depressed now!

Anyway, very good example. That's exactly why I love my PB. And the fact I don't need a flatbed to haul it. LOL
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 10:38 AM
    I have nothing against the ipad it's a good piece of eqiupment. But you point is well taken, the PB is one of the best. I was on imore (igreat, isuper, whatever) checking out ipad 3. It definitely did not blow my socks off. That is apple MO as of late, they have a good OS with plenty of content so they put the same devise out with a shinny button. It will sell I'm sure. Also, when i was on that site i did not see all the trolls that I do on CB. I don't know if it's pompus attitude of trolls on CB or the mods delete them on Imore(stupid name). Good post.
    Willard814 and Hamp like this.
    03-13-12 10:51 AM
    We all know it but.. Sometimes in life you know you're better off but the only option is to stay mum and enjoy the goodies of life god throws at you.. Do you wanna be punished? If you keep yelling the ipad s*cks then they gonna force you to use the ipad for life to realize how good it really is..

So next time when some ipad users says that the ipad rules.. Just say it does.. That's the least you can do to make them happy.. And as a RIM fan.. You wanna make the world a happy place right?

Can't tell you the truth here.. I'm rebuilding my credits at cb..
    Last edited by varunsain; 03-13-12 at 11:06 AM.
    Hamp likes this.
    03-13-12 11:00 AM
    Oh snap! Trollism in 3, 2, 1................
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 11:04 AM
    did you end the argument by asking him where hes gonna get this 'better than 1080p' resolution content from?

Ask him what kind of data plan he's on to watch videos/or even just continually browse pictures of that size.
    Willard814, jamesjmunro and Xpl0i7 like this.
    03-13-12 11:06 AM
    Bah they all do the same thing. Minor upgrades.
    03-13-12 11:08 AM
    You forgot flash support, oh wait, it doesn't have it bwahahahaha
    shikhar10882 likes this.
    03-13-12 11:09 AM
    You forgot flash support, oh wait, it doesn't have it bwahahahaha
    But, but, but they're gonna say "it doesn't need flash"!
    03-13-12 11:11 AM
    I have nothing against the ipad it's a good piece of eqiupment. But you point is well taken, the PB is one of the best. I was on imore (igreat, isuper, whatever) checking out ipad 3. It definitely did not blow my socks off. That is apple MO as of late, they have a good OS with plenty of content so they put the same devise out with a shinny button. It will sell I'm sure. Also, when i was on that site i did not see all the trolls that I do on CB. I don't know if it's pompus attitude of trolls on CB or the mods delete them on Imore(stupid name). Good post.
    Have really gone through posts on imore? They start with a question on application crash and 2 posts later it was bout 'which laser printer should I purchase for my office?' 3 posts on app crash and next 8 to follow on printer recommendation!!

All the trolls who don't get any attention on imore sign up here at cb to get some use out of their device.. This has made my typing skills mad.. Now I can get back to my emailing business!!
    03-13-12 11:11 AM
    Off course it doesn't they just have to download an app, flash is dead (maybe in a couple years), it's a hog (I guess?). Until flash is dead I want it and don't want to have to download an app to do something I could do without it.
    03-13-12 11:16 AM
    Wait for it...
    Chaddface and Hamp like this.
    03-13-12 11:17 AM
    But, but, but it has the new 5D display! You can see things in an alternative reality!
    Willard814, hpjrt, Sysgen and 5 others like this.
    03-13-12 11:17 AM
    So he starts with the camera and says, well it's going to have a next level back camera that has 5 mp, I am like my pb already has that
    Personally I don't really care about taking still pictures, but if you'd really like to compare and just say "5MP", the same camera, please go and do a little more research.

Then he goes on to how its going to be able to shoot 1080p videos, so right away I am like I already have that too .
    I've taken videos using my PB, a lot of it. It does the job well, but I've seen one taken from iPhone 4s in the same condition, it's noticeably better. The lacking part is optics and AF of course, not to mention low light sensitivity. If you are into photography, you know megapixels isn't everything. Modern point and shoots and DSLRs have same mega pixels, why do people buy DSLRs?

Then he mentions that it is going to be so fast with 1gig of ram. Lol so I quickly say sorry pal I already have that too on my PB.
    I don't know how much RAM new iPads have. Apple usually don't publish detailed specs. Let's say it's 1GB, unfortunately for PB it's shared with Android player, leaving less for native apps. Anyway, it's not really a point to compare between two devices.

Then lastly he mentions that the screen resolution is going to be so much nicer than his current ipad 2 and then of course I come with my comeback and say well my pb already had a higher resolution and more pixels than ur current ipad2 and will more or less be the same as the new ipad when you factor in the size difference. Sorry Apple just seems to be a bit behind there pal and they are ripping you off as well with their ridiculously high prices.
    ~160PPI vs ~260PPI is about the same? I quite like my PB's screen, but you cannot claim new iPad will be pretty much the same. Factor in the size? PPI already factors in the size. Ridiculously high price? Where were you when PB was released? Now you guys are all saying Apple's products are expensive just because PB's heavily discounted, and RIM bleeding heavily from it. Get real. The whole industry agrees iPad's price is already quite reasonable and actually the main strength, causing all these bleeding from competitors - HP, RIM, etc.

Bottom line is our current playbooks are in no way going to be inferior to the new icrap I mean the new ipad.

Enough said.

If you want to make a fun of your so called "iCrap", you'd better do some research and get the facts straight.

So you guys are saying PB is as good as it can be, and we don't need hardware updates for new PBs.
    elbo, dukevn, Coachbulldog and 1 others like this.
    03-13-12 11:18 AM
    TskTskTsk, very unfortunate, I guess they wont be able to see these incredible websites

Being Henry - Presented by Range Rover Evoque

Or this one

Intel® The Museum of Me

Well, all of these in fact!

Top 10 Best Flash Websites of 2012
    Last edited by Sysgen; 03-13-12 at 11:24 AM.
    03-13-12 11:21 AM
    Flash is dying and even adobe doesn't support flash.. What do you know? We have the best display in the world to view the black screen that comes up instead of flash!!

They have 'flashback' since they can now just remember how steve jobs has cut them out of real world things because he dint like it.. And they talk about choice..
    03-13-12 11:31 AM
    TskTskTsk, very unfortunate, I guess they wont be able to see these incredible websites

Being Henry - Presented by Range Rover Evoque

Or this one

Intel® The Museum of Me

Well, all of these in fact!

Wow its amazing how I can go fullscreen in the browser and the website immediately transforms into an app!! Super slick..

Thanks for posting.. I've seen these sometime back on the pc.. But was a pleasure on the pb..
    03-13-12 11:35 AM
    With my inferior iPad i can:

Edit PDFs
    Connect to Microsoft Lync
    Connecto to Microsoft Messenger
    Connect to Microsoft Sharepoint
    voice dictation
    Edit photos with Photoshop
    print to HP wireless printers (not ePrinters)
    play games
    browse the internet
    and much more....

and it's just a toy!

With my Playbook I can

browse the internet
    play some games.

and it's a professional tablet ...

It does not matter how good the playbook hardware is if there are no apps for it. Is just an expensive browser...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-13-12 11:35 AM
    Wow don't you have a computer??

It's professional because it makes us money by not spending all our time on a tab to do things not intended to be done on the tab..

I can do all the things you said above on my 13" pc laptop at twice the speed and efficiency.. Yes for that I'm willing to carry my laptop..

I guess you're one of those guys who git tricked into buying the ipad thinking that it could do everything and obviously you're not doing much..
    03-13-12 11:41 AM
    Ok so a few days ago I was at my buddy's place. As I was showing off my pb on the big screen tv streaming 1080 p videos while controlling everything through bridge remote on my 9900 he grabs his Ipad 2 and starts saying excitedly oh man "the new ipad is coming out and its going to be sick". So I was like why what does it have?.

Enough said.

Actually the new iPad is superior but so what. Be happy with your playbook. I'm happy with mine.
    kennyliu and Hamp like this.
    03-13-12 11:51 AM
    I have a laptop only to Develop applications. Everything else I can do on the iPad.. Do not be surprised, but some people use their tablets for more than just browsing the internet.

And if that is doing nothing then with the Playbook I do less than nothing

I have a playbook and I like the portability, but everything else falls short for what I need it...
    03-13-12 11:54 AM
    Wow don't you have a computer??
    As Blackjack once said, why do you need to be able to bookmark a PDF reader when you could just use a pencil and right down the page number on a piece of paper?
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 11:57 AM
    Why do we need email if we can check it on a computer? Why do we need games on the PB if we have XBOXs and PS3s? Ironically, notice that the "why do we need" people cite how good PB camera is. Don't they have separate cameras and camcorders?
    03-13-12 12:02 PM
    Then lastly he mentions that the screen resolution is going to be so much nicer than his current ipad 2 and then of course I come with my comeback and say well my pb already had a higher resolution and more pixels than ur current ipad2
    Incorrect. IPad 2 resolution is 1024x768 on a 9.7 inch screen; PB resoltuion is 1024x600 with a 7-in screen. Therefore, the PlayBook has a higher PPI, but fewer pixels. Of course, the PPI difference between the PlayBook and the iPad 2 is 37 ppi (169 v 132), so if that's enough to make the PB screen "better" it's hard to argue that the 95 ppi difference between the new iPad and the PlayBook isn't significant (at least without sounding foolish).
    03-13-12 12:14 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD