The company I work for purchased 16 new playbook's from a local distributor recently. 7 of the 16 playbooks failed on power up, the light stayed a solid green and the units themselves booted to the desktop never going through the initial setup process. After doing a secure wipe or factor reset the same thing would happen, the like would be a solid green and units would boot to the desktop however their would be only two icons on the screen.

I can only wonder how many other distributors in Canada have defective Playbook's in their inventory?

A.
    02-28-12 06:15 AM
    I would blame the local distributor not RIM for selling used playbook's. The only green LED I have ever seen was indicating a fully charged battery and PB turned off.
    02-28-12 06:30 AM
    Since you don't mention the distributor, they might be suspect. I know we bought 25 pb's here shortly after they came out and they were all right as rain. I bought 2 more myself in december and january with no issues.
    02-28-12 06:37 AM
    I agree with chadface. Also I've done several wipes and resets and every single time it has to go thru the setup.
    02-28-12 06:38 AM
    The 64GB I bought from Shopblackberry.com booted right to the homescreen. No initial setup like my 16GB had. So I did a security wipe. And then it installed the latest software.
    02-28-12 06:45 AM
    Yeah, I agree with the previous posts, it appears that this is a distributor (un-named) problem more so than RIM. Maybe selling black market merchandise. Never seen a green light where nothing happened since green means fully charged PlayBook
    02-28-12 06:47 AM
    Sounds to me like the "local distributor" resold defective, previously used units. There is no green light except for being fully charged and on the charger. Also when you perform a debrick is the only time you will go through the initial setup process, not when you do a security wipe.
    02-28-12 06:53 AM
    We are sporting 3 times that amount and no issues here, not a one. Who was your distributor?
    02-28-12 07:46 AM
    The distributor doesn't sell black market items. LOL

The distributor is Ingram Micro.
    02-28-12 10:45 AM
    Who said black market? Sounds like your company was sold returned PB's. Take it up with the distributor.
    02-28-12 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD