My 16g playbook software is up to date july 15/11 and still experiencing browser issues. I find my browser crashes the most while using the blaq twitter app, although it does crash when I open new tabs on the browser. It starts to load (halfway) and than stops, blank page. I try to refresh the page, close the browser and open it again and same blank page. I than have no choice but to restart the playbook to fix. unfortunatly this is just a temporary fix, it keeps happening after approx 1 hour browsing.
    I have the same experience but notice it more when I'm running bridge apps simultaneously.
    07-15-11 04:08 PM
    Sorry you have to send it back, hope the next one works better.
    07-15-11 08:03 PM
    My browser crashes all the time! It's completely random - flip to a different tab, crash. Go back a page, crash. Rewind a YouTube video, crash. It's slightly heartening to see I'm not he only one.

And yes I have the newest build. It's been happening since the base OS that came with the device. 32GB model if that matters to anyone.

This tablet is just crap. It should be criminal to charge this much money for a device which has fail written all over it (the crashes aren't the only problems I have. Webpages which do not show correctly when you flip between tabs, glitched up screen when you rotate..)
    08-05-11 01:22 PM
    My browser crashes all the time! It's completely random - flip to a different tab, crash. Go back a page, crash. Rewind a YouTube video, crash. It's slightly heartening to see I'm not he only one.

And yes I have the newest build. It's been happening since the base OS that came with the device. 32GB model if that matters to anyone.

This tablet is just crap. It should be criminal to charge this much money for a device which has fail written all over it (the crashes aren't the only problems I have. Webpages which do not show correctly when you flip between tabs, glitched up screen when you rotate..)
    Perhaps you should be talking to tech support (insist on getting to tier 2, if need be) rather than badmouthing the device. If you've spent any time reading around this forum, you'd know that this is not "common" behavior for the device.
    08-05-11 02:01 PM
    My browser will crash once in a while, mostly loading flash heavy sites, often with no other apps running. When this happens, I get no frozen Playbook though, it always refreshes and then I can launch it again. Sometimes if I just clear the cache and delete the history and what not, I can go back to loading the page and it works. It could be RAM like others are saying, but how big is the browser's cache?
    08-05-11 02:10 PM
    Perhaps you should be talking to tech support (insist on getting to tier 2, if need be) rather than badmouthing the device. If you've spent any time reading around this forum, you'd know that this is not "common" behavior for the device.
    Nope. I think it's very important that customers should publicly voice their frustration with this expensive toy. It's only because other similar minded owners who created this thread was I able to find it in Google.

If we remain silent, as fanboys would like us to, then the issue would never get the publicity it deserves. How do you know it's not "common"? There could be a score of people out there who don't take the time to create accounts and post on web forums and yet are experiencing the same issue.

Why just a few hours after I posted my comment my browser crashed. Again. The culprit this time? Closing a tab. *sigh* Really why should I waste my time with tech support (have you rebooted sir? have you put the latest OS patch? have you cleared your cookies? have you returned to a factory state? have you sacrificed your 2nd born on a 1/4 moon?). This toy is promoted as an enterprise-level device and yet it's performing poorer than a so-called lesser tablet like an iPad. What good is Flash if the darn thing is so finicky the mere glance causes it to curl up into a ball and hide in a corner?

And not to diverge the thread, but I'm especially loving how the browser has decided it no longer likes Gmail. For no apparent reason it will randomly not display the Inbox. The fix? clear your cookies and temp files. *facepalm*

Bad mouthing? Hardly.
    08-05-11 07:29 PM
    Mine keeps on crashing and at some point I couldn't even drag the menu bar down - I have to close the browser and open it again. This happens ever since I updated to the new OS.
    10-02-11 10:56 AM
    v1.0.1.1710
    Surely you have updated to the latest BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Operating System release 1.0.7.2942. Right? ? Bueller?
    10-02-11 01:55 PM
    The other night, I left the pb with the browser open and it went to standby presumably. Yesterday morning I could not do anything - it was locked and needed a long press of the power button to reboot.
    10-02-11 02:10 PM
    Hay hi hello, my pad works fine, it's 16g up to date software, good condition. It's now started to close the browser on its own and only seems to be on a certain Facebook game, the right thing to do would be to stop playing the game but there was no problem before and im not sure if the problem will spread to other sites or the Internet all together. I looked online and found someone saying to debrick it? To my understanding this will wipe everything and I have stuff on here that can not be replaced. If anyone has any good advice please comment but please do not just write get a new one because if it was that simple I would have thank you x
    02-28-13 04:17 PM
    Try deleting some stuff, clear up some memory, and rebooting the Playbook. The game is probably eating too much RAM and Playbooks measly 1GB RAM cannot cope.
    02-28-13 04:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD