ill start off by saying i love my playbook, and recommend it to all my friends.

with that said, my browser speed seems questionable. alot of times i find myself having to reload a page many times because it simply just stopped loading or loading at sloth like speeds.

sometimes the loading bar would just load half way and then just stop. its not my wifi as i borrowed my sisters ipad just to test the connection and her pages loaded pretty quickly.

is there some kind of setting or adjustment that i havent done? im sure the playbook is capable of faster loading than this.

thanks for the help!
    01-30-12 09:43 PM
    You can try turning off Javascript in the the Browser Options/Content.

Or you might want to tweak the router if it is a b/g/n router and disable the "N" mode.
    01-30-12 10:25 PM
    You've got 2 options:

1. Download the 2.0 beta. The browser speed is much improved.

2. Download Simple browser or Secure Browser. They both blow the stock browser out of the water. I'm talking Ricky Bobby fast! I use simple browser plus and Even bridge feels like I'm on wifi at times. Check either of them out. You will not be disappointed.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-30-12 10:34 PM

with that said, my browser speed seems questionable. alot of times i find myself having to reload a page many times because it simply just stopped loading or loading at sloth like speeds.

sometimes the loading bar would just load half way and then just stop. its not my wifi as i borrowed my sisters ipad just to test the connection and her pages loaded pretty quickly.

is there some kind of setting or adjustment that i havent done? im sure the playbook is capable of faster loading than this.

thanks for the help!
    Have you tried clearing history and stuff under options ever so often?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-12 07:21 AM

thanks for the help!
    What is your current OS, please ? (you can update your profile or signature to state this).
    01-31-12 07:27 AM

thanks for the help!
    that does not happen only on playbook browser.. every once in a while any device struggle,could be wifi issues or wireless, my point is you will find this in any other device every once in a while, even android and ios does the same. you wont find better browser on a tablet better than playbook, i guarante
    01-31-12 08:13 AM
    thanks for the suggestion guys.

- im on OS 1.08 something something lol

- i will try secure browser one more time, last time i tried it, i didnt notice too much different.

- yup, i clear history,cache, cookies every now and then

- and what does turning javascript off do? sorry im not that tech savvy
    01-31-12 08:31 AM
    At least, here on Crackberry, turning off javascript speeds up loading. Turning it off also works on some sites where the keyboard will keep closing until the entire site is loaded (imdb.com). I actually don't know much about what javascript does/provides.

I know turning it off does create issues on some sites so I turn it back on. Or use SimpleBrowserPlus where you can have it on or off in different tabs.
    01-31-12 09:46 AM
    I turn off java on some sites and it makes the browser blazing fast!

But like mentioned above some sites require it to be enabled for things like tapping the search bar and watching pron
    01-31-12 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD