I've tried to connect my playbook to my pc but it won't have it. I'm currently using windows 10 64 bit. Every time i connect my playbook to my pc it will bring up a notification saying it has connected to the system but then after it will say it has failed and i need to reconnect my playbook back to my pc. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it so many times and doesn't seem to help.
    02-11-18 07:27 PM
    Do you have any antivirus software running? BlackBerry desktop apps don't play nice with Windows 10 to begin with, for that matter, Windows 10 isn't even officially supported but if you have antivirus running you might want to check to make sure it's not blocking it from working.
    02-12-18 04:01 PM
    I found that sharing files via Wi-Fi was more likely to work than a USB connection and the BlackBerry software. Might want to shutoff you Firewall or search for what ports need to be open.
    02-12-18 04:06 PM
    Dukto is a nice alternative too if you're comfortable with sideloading bar files. Works on just about every platform.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 03:09 PM
    I've found the solution.

I first found a pointer when I looked at this article:
    Playbook cannot be accessed as a network drive when connected to BlackBerry Desktop Software

When I tried the suggestion to access the device via the IVP4, I got a Windows error which after finding out that disabling Smbv2 was not recommended, I eventually landed at:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

Halfway down is a small image that shows you how to turn ON Smbv1 support via the Turn Off Windows Features applet.
    Tried it, rebooted the PC, reconnected my Playbook aaaaaand we're good!! Playbook internal storage is now mounted and accessible.
    02-24-18 11:55 AM
    OMFG! I have been unable to connect to my Playbook or Passport on Windows 10 for ages now. I followed GorouchySue's instructions on enabling Smbv1 support for legacy devices and Link can now connect to my devices!

I'm so pleased! I have been trying to get my wedding photos on my Playbook for ages now but it was impossible.

Next step is to to work out how to get the devices to appear as network drives so I can app security certificates to them.

P.S. Link to Microsoft site in her post doesn't work. However, that doesn't matter, I just started typing "Turn off Windows Features" in the Start/search bar.

Thank you!!
    10-29-18 08:12 AM