My blackberry playbook isn't charging I noticed the back was fatter at one end n when I opened it Up it seemed the battery was full of air that is the way it feels and looks
    03-05-19 09:08 PM
    Puffed batteries are failed batteries and potential fire hazards. Dispose of it safely, and while you're at it junk the rest of the PlayBook too.
    Be careful - that battery could easily explode. At this point is it really worthwhile to fix it? If you really want to you can get a replacement battery from e-bay or maybe Amazon but if it was mine it would be considered as e-waste and I would recycle it as such.
    03-05-19 09:31 PM
    Bin it and get yourself a new tablet.
    03-05-19 09:34 PM
    Puffed batteries are failed batteries and potential fire hazards. Dispose of it safely, and while you're at it junk the rest of the PlayBook too.
    03-05-19 09:36 PM
    My blackberry playbook isn't charging I noticed the back was fatter at one end n when I opened it Up it seemed the battery was full of air that is the way it feels and looks
    Hi Robin,

I'd suggest backing your PlayBook up ASAP and then purchasing a replacement PB from eBay or Amazon. Contrary to the naysayers' beliefs the PB is still a great tablet and you can get them cheaply these days. It's technically possible to replace a PB battery but not very cost or time effective usually.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-19 10:14 PM
    Hi Robin,

...the PB is still a great tablet...

Posted via CB10
    Kinda grasping at straws on that one.
    Bbnivende and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-05-19 11:22 PM
    03-06-19 12:07 AM
    Contrary to the naysayers' beliefs the PB is still a great tablet
    The PlayBook was never a great tablet.
    03-06-19 09:23 AM
    While it has the app compatibility, the speakers suck, the build quality sucks, and Android is quite laggy on it. But you get what you pay for and it's probably the best budget friendly tablet out there. We use this for Netflix/Prime, mainly.

PB still heavily used here for media consumption (Kalemsoft accessing home dlna server). Works a treat. All depends on what OP is looking to do (which no one asks).

Posted via CB10
    03-06-19 02:42 PM
    While it has the app compatibility, the speakers suck, the build quality sucks, and Android is quite laggy on it. But you get what you pay for and it's probably the best budget friendly tablet out there. We use this for Netflix/Prime, mainly.

PB still heavily used here for media consumption (Kalemsoft accessing home dlna server). Works a treat. All depends on what OP is looking to do (which no one asks).

Posted via CB10
    Speakers suck?

That was the best things about the PlayBook... for a Tablet it's sound was great, even by today's standards. Had no issues with build quality (other than the USB ports).

But the app options were really bad back then... today??? I agree, for some limited uses it might be fine. But at this point even a new one will have a seven or eight year old battery in it. Better to get a cheap Android that doesn't have the bezels... In today's market, the visible screen on the PlayBook is more a large smartphone.
    03-07-19 11:53 AM
    Speakers suck?
    Read again.......I think he was referring to the Fire HD's speakers.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-07-19 11:58 AM
    Read again.......I think he was referring to the Fire HD's speakers.
    I was. Clearly my opening remarks were not related to the PB.

I think the PB's speakers are second to none and have not seen another tablet come close in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mh1983; 03-07-19 at 12:20 PM.
    03-07-19 12:06 PM
    The PlayBook was never a great tablet.
    But it had some great bits.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-07-19 02:25 PM

Replacement batteries are available at Amazon.com.
    03-07-19 11:20 PM
    There are several PB batteries on Ebay right now.
    Example:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...UAAOSwiCRUdRhQ
    03-09-19 05:56 PM
    Speakers suck?

That was the best things about the PlayBook... for a Tablet it's sound was great, even by today's standards. Had no issues with build quality (other than the USB ports).

But the app options were really bad back then... today??? I agree, for some limited uses it might be fine. But at this point even a new one will have a seven or eight year old battery in it. Better to get a cheap Android that doesn't have the bezels... In today's market, the visible screen on the PlayBook is more a large smartphone.
    he is talking about.the android one ...

the pb hardware is solid. it is basically bricked now as far as apps go. media device and basic browsing is all it is good for. e en if ghe just updated the browser id be happy. long dead and burried product though
    03-22-19 12:54 PM
    The PlayBook is one of the best tablets out there if you can live without apps and decent Web browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 03:21 PM