02-01-14 11:56 AM
60 123
tools
    There is---it's called Private Browsing. I have it enabled and I rarely get a browser crash.
    It just means that you most likely have a corrupted browser cache --- so clear your browser cache (and maybe at the same time turn off then turn back on the adobe flash player).

Regular browsing tries to read/write the browser cache and the cache is corrupted so the broswer crashed. Private browsing doesn't attempt to read/write the browser cache so the browser doesn't crash.
    11-05-12 09:09 PM
    By turning off the javascript, my browser is faster, crash-proof and I am using crackberry site with javascript disabled.

Sorry dude.^^
    Another try?
    Here, try this.

What I just did on my PlayBook (OS 2.1):

-JavaScript on (flash off as always)
    -Went to forums.crackberry.com
    -turn off JavaScript in Settings->Content of the browser.
    -Just right of my avatar I click on settings.
    -Huh? I click on settings.
    -WTF? I click on settings.
    -Rinse and repeat.

Do you have better luck? Drop down menus seem to be unavailable without JavaScript. For me anyway. How about you? Much of the functionality of this site relies on these drop down menus.

Sorry dude.
    11-05-12 09:58 PM
    Yeah. And at this point, just turn on the javascript. Do what you have to do and turn off again javascript. Hurray! It' s working! ^^
    11-05-12 10:20 PM
    Yeah. And at this point, just turn on the javascript. Do what you have to do and turn off again javascript. Hurray! It' s working! ^^
    Hurray indeed. Do you honestly think the usage model you are proposing is acceptable?

HTML/CSS/*JavaScript that works*. That is the ante if you want to try to sell a tablet today.

Sorry, I should say if you want to be successful at selling a tablet today.
    11-05-12 11:06 PM
    Hurray indeed. Do you honestly think the usage model you are proposing is acceptable?

HTML/CSS/*JavaScript that works*. That is the ante if you want to try to sell a tablet today.

Sorry, I should say if you want to be successful at selling a tablet today.
    We all agree on that point. I spent many times sending emails to RIM trying to draw tbeir attention on that issue, but no one gave me any solution yet. It seems that they are not planning to fix this horrible bug. Probably because it will be fixed withthe BB10. That's my hope...
    11-06-12 08:06 AM
    Here, try this.

What I just did on my PlayBook (OS 2.1):

-JavaScript on (flash off as always)
    -Went to forums.crackberry.com
    -turn off JavaScript in Settings->Content of the browser.
    -Just right of my avatar I click on settings.
    -Huh? I click on settings.
    -WTF? I click on settings.
    -Rinse and repeat.

Do you have better luck? Drop down menus seem to be unavailable without JavaScript. For me anyway. How about you? Much of the functionality of this site relies on these drop down menus.

Sorry dude.
    Unfortunately, that's the downside of disabling JavaScript. I guess it depends on how much you use the dropdowns and other goodies in the forums on whether that's a viable option for you.

Two things I have found recently:
    1 - the PB browser crashes more and checkerboards a LOT more since the last OS upgrade (2.1.0.1088), although as has been noted, it flies with JavaScript disabled.
    2 - the CB forums take significantly longer to load in any browser on a multitude of different platforms I have tried since they were upgraded.

I can only conclude that the forums are now much more JavaScript-heavy than they were, and the JavaScript interpreter isn't as efficient as it was in the PB browser. It doesn't appear that the former will be changing anytime soon; hopefully the latter will with a future PB OS upgrade.
    11-06-12 10:58 AM
    Unfortunately, that's the downside of disabling JavaScript. I guess it depends on how much you use the dropdowns and other goodies in the forums on whether that's a viable option for you.

Two things I have found recently:
    1 - the PB browser crashes more and checkerboards a LOT more since the last OS upgrade (2.1.0.1088), although as has been noted, it flies with JavaScript disabled.
    2 - the CB forums take significantly longer to load in any browser on a multitude of different platforms I have tried since they were upgraded.

I can only conclude that the forums are now much more JavaScript-heavy than they were, and the JavaScript interpreter isn't as efficient as it was in the PB browser. It doesn't appear that the former will be changing anytime soon; hopefully the latter will with a future PB OS upgrade.
    I didn't got to 1088. Still on 1032. I heard lots of bad reports about negative impacts (some of which you mention here) on browser functionality.

Regarding your hope that JavaScript functionality will change on the PB with a future update. I have no doubt it will change. I am just not sure whether it will change in the direction shown from 1032 to 1088 or the opposite.
    11-06-12 02:23 PM
    Would you not agree 100% a solutions is a permanent fix.
    If the browser has to be cleared over and over you are applying a workaround.
    12-19-12 12:53 PM
    Download the OrigamiBrowser free for the PB, much better.
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-01-14 10:41 AM
    I didn't got to 1088. Still on 1032. I heard lots of bad reports about negative impacts (some of which you mention here) on browser functionality.

Regarding your hope that JavaScript functionality will change on the PB with a future update. I have no doubt it will change. I am just not sure whether it will change in the direction shown from 1032 to 1088 or the opposite.
    I have been running the latest version of BlackBerry Tablet OS for months and the web browser works flawlessly with every website I visit. The built-in BlackBerry web browser even functions perfectly with software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings ranging from programming editing environments to LaTeX editors. I regularly keep 10 tabs open without any sluggish behaviour aside from the WiFi connection throughput.
    jpash549 likes this.
    02-01-14 11:56 AM
60 123