So for the first time this year I got a week off. Blackberry people do but doing sucks when it comes to time off

Anyways headed up to the cottage with my all touch curve two playbooks and laptop. Just so you know this place is in the sticks 7km from the nearest road but 3bars of 3g coverage.

The weather was great the first couple of days and I must say selarium and whats up are awsome for star gazing I had a blast with those as there was no light pollution and not a cloud in the sky.

Then I relized I forgot to send in my time sheet for the previous week but np loaded my time sheet on the pb and filled it out and fired it of with bridge mail.

Then the weather went south it rained for 3 bloody days. So I decided to do some work I know at the cottage. My laptop teatherd to my phone worked great. Mobile office all the way.

I have all my data backed up on my 16gb playbook and it was handy when things went wrong on one of my job sites. I litterally solved it while fishing in the rain hiding under a tarp thanks to the pb.

At night I watched many movies and tv shows to pass the time on my 64gb pb and also played some eternal legacy.

I might be rambleing here but the long story short of it is thanks to teather and bridge my vacation was not cut short. It takes 6 bloody hours to get out of there and my berry devices saved me. And I was able to enjoy a full week at the cottage. First time in 15 years.

The only downside was the 50L of gas my generator used charging all my stuff

P.S did some lurking of the crackberry forums as well
    Last edited by Gatmyer; 09-22-12 at 08:06 PM.
    bldshd and Xopher like this.
    09-22-12 07:13 PM
    PlayBook... Fishing... Rain... Either you're too brave or a fib. Either way, nice post.

May I ask why do you cary two PlayBooks though?
    09-22-12 07:17 PM
    PlayBook... Fishing... Rain... Either you're too brave or a fib. Either way, nice post.

May I ask why do you cary two PlayBooks though?
    I use my 16gb for work and 64gb for media. My backup folder is 10gb so needed another for vids. Dirt cheap to pick up a second. As for the fishing yes I'm brave and note the tarp. Had it tucked safely away in a waterproof bag however.
    09-22-12 07:22 PM
    This would make a great BlackBerry commercial
    09-22-12 07:26 PM
    This would make a great BlackBerry commercial
    Quite sure we all have at least one story that would qualify.

I use my 16gb for work and 64gb for media. My backup folder is 10gb so needed another for vids. Dirt cheap to pick up a second. As for the fishing yes I'm brave and note the tarp. Had it tucked safely away in a waterproof bag however.
    I feel much better now... That poor PlayBook in the rain... Good to know.
    09-22-12 08:02 PM
    Nice post OP.
    09-23-12 08:09 AM
    Great Sunday morning read! Got 2 myself. (My very first's HDMI port is wonked.) interesting:. On my second, I seem to be putting lots of movies too. Not trying to make them the same. Doc Neutron.
    09-23-12 09:35 AM
    (My very first's HDMI port is wonked.) Doc Neutron.
    Yikes get that fixed while its still under warrenty.
    09-23-12 10:21 AM
    Wow!!! In the last couple of days I have read 3 great product experiences that RIM should use as commercials that would have people going out to buy the Playbook like hotcakes. The commercials I did see from RIM suck really bad. I think I saw those on YouTube. RIM just doesn't have the right ideas when it comes to selling the Playbook.
    09-23-12 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD