Hi all

I am using the newest OS 2 Beta and have noticed that all my apps in App World no longer have the reviews I have posted. For example, I remember reviewing the Crackberry app a few months ago but when I click on it in App World, it is giving me the option of reading previous reviews and adding a review. This is the same for all 20+ games and apps that I have downloaded from App World.

Before I upgraded to the OS 2 Beta, I did a full wipe of my PB, then upgraded and reinstalled all my apps again. Could this have wiped all my reviews? Has anyone else noticed it?

It's not a big problem but I was wondering if this would affect the star ratings of apps if a lot of people's reviews have been deleted?

I think I better go and leave all my positive reviews again now just to be on the safe side!
    01-01-12 05:28 AM
    Hi all

I am using the newest OS 2 Beta and have noticed that all my apps in App World no longer have the reviews I have posted. For example, I remember reviewing the Crackberry app a few months ago but when I click on it in App World, it is giving me the option of reading previous reviews and adding a review. This is the same for all 20+ games and apps that I have downloaded from App World.

Before I upgraded to the OS 2 Beta, I did a full wipe of my PB, then upgraded and reinstalled all my apps again. Could this have wiped all my reviews? Has anyone else noticed it?

It's not a big problem but I was wondering if this would affect the star ratings of apps if a lot of people's reviews have been deleted?

I think I better go and leave all my positive reviews again now just to be on the safe side!
    This developer would definitely notice if he lost all of his reviews. Mine are all present and accounted for. Reviews are associated with your BBID in the same way that your app purchase history is linked - you should check to see if you have also "lost" your apps in My World.

This reminds me to remind you that reviews of any kind are very valuable to my business but that less than 2% of purchasers find the time in their busy schedules to leave one.
    01-01-12 07:31 AM
    All of my apps are still in App world, either installed or in the uninstalled menu. I have checked 15 of my 23 apps/games that I have downloaded and all of my reviews have gone. I will have to submit them again when I get time, but I just hope this is a one off and not something that affects everyone otherwise good apps that I like (such as What's Up Demo....which by the way I had and left a positive review but is not there now) will end up with a lower rating because review.

Maybe my reviews are not missing but there is a bug which is allowing me to leave another review for all my downloaded apps?
    01-01-12 01:18 PM
    Since you are on the OS2 Beta, it is a possiblity that not all things are working as is the official OS1.
    I'm sure that once the OS2 is out as 'official' the reviews in App World will show up.

If not, you can always submit your reviews again!
    01-01-12 02:31 PM
    Hey Buzz,
    There was some talk not long ago of developers having the ability to remove bad reviews. In your experience is that possible?
    01-01-12 02:35 PM
    All of my apps are still in App world, either installed or in the uninstalled menu. I have checked 15 of my 23 apps/games that I have downloaded and all of my reviews have gone. I will have to submit them again when I get time, but I just hope this is a one off and not something that affects everyone otherwise good apps that I like (such as What's Up Demo....which by the way I had and left a positive review but is not there now) will end up with a lower rating because review.

Maybe my reviews are not missing but there is a bug which is allowing me to leave another review for all my downloaded apps?
    I have double checked my reviews and I have not lost any. Also, it took a while but I have confirmed that review counts and overall ratings are correct for both apps. I haven't received a new review for the DEMO since September (which is quite normal for free demo apps).

I did, however, get one review a while back that seemed strange at the time because it referred to the DEMO version but was listed under the paid one. This may have happened because you posted the review after upgrading to the paid version. In any case, that is what I assumed at the time. I posted the review below. It's a very nice review and I thank whoever wrote it

This may or may not be related to the current situation bu I have reported a sort problem that sometimes happens - one or two new reviews will sometimes get stuck near the end of the list for long periods of time before eventually self-correcting. It could be be that your reviews are getting placed in random places and might be a symptom of a greater problem - so just in case, please report the problem to RIM and send them any documentation that you have on hand including a link to this thread if applicable.

--------------------------------------
    Title: kudos

Created Date: Dec 11, 2011 11:25:29 AM
    File Bundle: Filebundle[id=266657, name=Whatsupv101]
    Release: 1.0
    Review Body:
    this app is so well executed and thought out that it is amazing that is for free. a testament to the quality of the people who put it toguether and gave it to all of us as a gift to enjoy.
    01-01-12 03:24 PM
    Hey Buzz,
    There was some talk not long ago of developers having the ability to remove bad reviews. In your experience is that possible?
    Yes it is possible and I have used this privilege myself on rare occasions. Some developers abuse the privilege for sure, and there have been some heated discussions on the topic in this very forum. I have summed up my feelings in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...6/#post6982566

Peter9477 posted a followup just after my long-winded rant and I think that together, the two posts sum up how most developers feel about the situation.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-01-12 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD