Does anyone know if I can pair my Android device to the PB and use it like an external monitor? Basically I'd be able to check my mail, play games, etc. I guess what I'm looking for is essentially a large external monitor.
    01-28-12 12:13 PM
    Does anyone know if I can pair my Android device to the PB and use it like an external monitor? Basically I'd be able to check my mail, play games, etc. I guess what I'm looking for is essentially a large external monitor.
    Does your A device got and HDMI in port ?
    Otherwise ... a simple microHDMI cable and a HD TV set will do far better ...
    P.S: In 2.0 official, could even be wireless and a BB phone will provide a remote control for your PB. As we do not now exactly if the wireless will be DLNA, it may even stream on your A device (if it is DLNA compatible).
    01-28-12 12:26 PM
    rim should develop an app to provide the remote feature to android and ios. especially android as they will use android apps also.

if rim won,t, maybe a developer will.
    01-28-12 01:07 PM
    You can stream media and manage content on your Android phone but you can't actually use the Playbook as an external screen for it, no

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    01-28-12 01:15 PM
    Does your A device got and HDMI in port ?
    Otherwise ... a simple microHDMI cable and a HD TV set will do far better ...
    P.S: In 2.0 official, could even be wireless and a BB phone will provide a remote control for your PB. As we do not now exactly if the wireless will be DLNA, it may even stream on your A device (if it is DLNA compatible).
    It does have an HDMI port.

I can do the TV at home. I was more looking for like when I'm at work or when I'm on the road with my soccer team on away games so I can have a larger portable screen.

I'm trying to avoid purchasing a tablet and another data plan to pay for.
    01-28-12 01:58 PM
    Not sure we're all on the same page with your concern.
    When you say "Android device", do you mean your phone?
    And when you say "use it as an external monitor", do you mean using the Playbook as an external monitor?
    If so (for both clarifications), then I don't think you will be able to do that. I know that the Playbook's Micro HDMI port's main use is only for output to other HDMI displays (TV/Monitor), and not as an input for other devices.
    01-28-12 02:28 PM
    Not sure we're all on the same page with your concern.
    When you say "Android device", do you mean your phone?
    And when you say "use it as an external monitor", do you mean using the Playbook as an external monitor?
    If so (for both clarifications), then I don't think you will be able to do that. I know that the Playbook's Micro HDMI port's main use is only for output to other HDMI displays (TV/Monitor), and not as an input for other devices.
    That's exactly what I mean. That's too bad.
    01-28-12 04:05 PM
    That's exactly what I mean. That's too bad.
    Sorry for that, I miss-read your post. So my answer has no real sense.
    01-30-12 12:32 PM
    The OP is essentially looking for an Android Bridge, something I think RIM should seriously consider...
    01-30-12 12:53 PM
    Sounds like he is looking for a monitor for his phone like hooking up an external monitor to your laptop. That is not what bridge does.
    01-30-12 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD