Hi
    I've got a few mov video files in my mvideoplayer directory, but it doesn't show them in the list of available videos. If I navigate to them with ghost commander and choose mvideoplayer to play them then it works... Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Any ideas, anyone...
    08-17-13 07:02 PM
    Mov files show in my mVideo Player. What version are you running? Note that if you just recently transferred these vids to your PB, you have to rescan for them to show up. From the mVideo homescreen, tap the top right icon, then hit rescan.
    08-17-13 07:13 PM
    Mov files show in my mVideo Player. What version are you running? Note that if you just recently transferred these vids to your PB, you have to rescan for them to show up. From the mVideo homescreen, tap the top right icon, then hit rescan.
    Version 2.6.0
    And I know about the real-scan. Thanks. Assuming I have the same version as you, wonder why it isn't working then...(?)

Edit: Just found that if I change the file extension from .MOV To .3GP then mVideoPlayer finds (and plays) the files - if I change the extension back then rescan the files disappears again...
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 08-18-13 at 02:05 PM.
    08-18-13 01:35 PM
    I'm running version 4.0.3, and like I said, it sees .mov files. The downside is it won't play mkv files- in fact, just having mkv files in the scanned folders will crash the app. But, if you change the extension from mkv to mp4, everything works fine.
    08-18-13 02:28 PM
    I'm running version 4.0.3, and like I said, it sees .mov files. The downside is it won't play mkv files- in fact, just having mkv files in the scanned folders will crash the app. But, if you change the extension from mkv to mp4, everything works fine.
    Wow, I'm quite a few versions behind then! Where did you get your version 4 from? Do you have a link please?
    08-18-13 03:01 PM
    08-18-13 04:09 PM
    The video bookmarks dont work correctly on this app, they dissapear when you go back to a video, has anyone else experienced this? any fix?
    09-18-13 07:36 PM
    Yes, and, as far as I know, no.
    09-18-13 07:43 PM
    Yes, and, as far as I know, no.
    Too bad, do you know of any video player for the playbook that has bookmarks?
    09-19-13 01:07 AM
    Too bad, do you know of any video player for the playbook that has bookmarks?
    Kalemsoft can resume from where you stopped it. But multiple bookmarks in ONE file, I don't think so.
    09-19-13 08:39 AM
    Kalemsoft can resume from where you stopped it.
    mVideo Player has that feature also, and it does work. It's just the bookmark feature that doesn't.
    09-19-13 12:56 PM
    OK. I'm the fool. Sometimes it helps to look before you leap. While I'm almost sure that bookmarks didn't work in earlier versions of mVideo player, I just tried it with version 4.0.3, and bookmarks do work. I even bookmarked one vid and did a reboot, and the bookmarks remained.

mVideoPlayer can't see mov files.-img_20130590.jpg
    09-19-13 01:15 PM
    OK. I'm the fool. Sometimes it helps to look before you leap. While I'm almost sure that bookmarks didn't work in earlier versions of mVideo player, I just tried it with version 4.0.3, and bookmarks do work. I even bookmarked one vid and did a reboot, and the bookmarks remained.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130590.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	203457
    Awesome!! are you sure thats the version you are using? I downloaded the bar from the link you posted and I believe that was version 4.0.3 but the bookmarks didnt work. Have you tested the bookmarks with other videos?
    09-19-13 04:37 PM
    Awesome!! are you sure thats the version you are using? I downloaded the bar from the link you posted and I believe that was version 4.0.3 but the bookmarks didnt work. Have you tested the bookmarks with other videos?
    mVideoPlayer can't see mov files.-img_20130591.jpg
    09-19-13 04:57 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130591.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	203539
    Odd, I have the same version but the bookmarks do not work, wonder whats different, maybe some directory? have you tested the bookmarks in other videos?
    09-19-13 05:27 PM
    Are you tapping the green + sign in the bookmarks menu to set the bookmark?
    09-19-13 06:09 PM
    Are you tapping the green + sign in the bookmarks menu to set the bookmark?
    Yes but when I go back to the video and open the bookmarks menu again they arent there.
    09-19-13 11:33 PM
    Yes but when I go back to the video and open the bookmarks menu again they arent there.
    What can I say? Let's see what others may be experiencing. We can't be the only ones that are interested in a video player that has a resume feature, sees the PBs file system, allows for the creation of video playlists, is free, has tap to pause, uses gestures to advance and rewind vids, is easier to use than Kalemsoft (plus it's free), and for me at least, supports bookmarks in videos.
    09-20-13 01:01 AM
    What can I say? Let's see what others may be experiencing. We can't be the only ones that are interested in a video player that has a resume feature, sees the PBs file system, allows for the creation of video playlists, is free, has tap to pause, uses gestures to advance and rewind vids, is easier to use than Kalemsoft (plus it's free), and for me at least, supports bookmarks in videos.
    Does the bookmarks work on all your videos? Could you share the bar file you used? or maybe backup the apk on the playbook with ES and share it?
    09-20-13 01:41 AM
    Does the bookmarks work on all your videos? Could you share the bar file you used? or maybe backup the apk on the playbook with ES and share it?
    It worked on all the videos I tried it with. It even worked with a few vids that I streamed over LAN and a couple that I streamed from the cloud. As far as I can tell, the bar I have is the same as the one linked to above, since the file size is exactly the same. But I can't say for sure since I have about five mVideo bar files, but the others seem to be older versions.
    09-20-13 02:08 AM
    It worked on all the videos I tried it with. It even worked with a few vids that I streamed over LAN and a couple that I streamed from the cloud. As far as I can tell, the bar I have is the same as the one linked to above, since the file size is exactly the same. But I can't say for sure since I have about five mVideo bar files, but the others seem to be older versions.
    Could you share the apk then please? in ES file explorer go to apps, long press on mvideo player and select backup, the apk will be saved in misc/android/backups/apps
    09-20-13 03:01 AM
    09-20-13 03:50 AM
    I converted it but the bookmarks still don't work....wtf? maybe you changed something on the app settings? could you provide screenshots of your settings please? does anyone other than pacoman has working video bookmarks on this app?
    09-20-13 05:40 PM
    come on, is no one interested on a videoplayer with bookmarks?
    09-21-13 12:06 AM
    I am more interested in why the bookmarks only work for pacoman, maybe the playbook update fixed that issue? or is it a fake screenshot?
    09-21-13 04:20 PM
41 12