Just got a Blackberry Tablet and have a few questions:

1. How do I get music files from my MP3 (Sony) onto the tablet?

2. How do I easily copy the apps and contact list etc from my Blackberry Bold onto the tablet?

3. Can I import a Word file from my PC laptop onto the tablet and can I get it to use markup to show what I've edited?

I'm a bit of a numpty on these things so a step by step guide for idiots is what I need. Have set up Blackberry Bridge but that seems to have passed very little between the machines, although I can read emails OK.

Thanks muchly.

Andy
    09-12-12 11:53 AM
    1. You won't be able to transfer the mp3's from the player to the PB. You will have to transfer them to the PC then to the PB.
    2. The apps from BB phones won't work on the PB. They are different operating systems. The phones contact list should be visible on the PB through the contacts portion bridge app.
    3. You can transfer a word file to the PB, just like most other files, via USB or wifi file transfer.
    09-12-12 12:12 PM
    1. You won't be able to transfer the mp3's from the player to the PB. You will have to transfer them to the PC then to the PB.
    2. The apps from BB phones won't work on the PB. They are different operating systems. The phones contact list should be visible on the PB through the contacts portion bridge app.
    3. You can transfer a word file to the PB, just like most other files, via USB or wifi file transfer.
    All true. I'd like to add that:

2. If you use Google or some other services, you can have you phone's contact and PlayBooks contacts in sync for when you don't have the phone in range. Bridge is just a screen to the content on the phone.

3. I don't think the PB has support for that yet.

So, plug the PB to the PC with the USB cable that came with it, let it install the drivers and move your stuff in.

And welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-12-12 at 07:21 PM.
    09-12-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD