A couple questions in regards to music on the playbook, one, i recently loaded a 100 song classical collection on the playbook but it broke each song up by artist, making them scattered everywhere when i browse through artists, is there anyway to unify them under an artist? secondly, is there no shuffle songs option?
    01-28-12 08:58 AM
    The music app is quite clear, the music is categorized either by "All Songs", by "Artist", by "Albums", and by "Genres". You can create a Playlist by simply swiping down from the "Music" view, hitting the edit button, select your music, and then click the "ADD" button.
    01-28-12 09:19 AM
    This has almost always happened to me when I put classical on my BlackBerry, so I can relate. Your playbook music app is very similar to the standard BlackBerry music app.
    Besides creating a playlist like mentioned by alnamvet68, if you go into "albums", you should see the entire album listed, instead of broken down, which Is what you wanted.
    After you click on the album and click a song to start playing (or playlist, or artist, etc.), where the music controls are at the bottom of the screen, there is a shuffle button to the right of the the play/pause button. Hope this helps
    01-28-12 09:38 AM
    One of the icons to the immediate left of the Volume Control will shuffle but since I don't shuffle I don't know which is which.

And, yes, you'd either have to edit your MP3 id tags or could you use ALBUM to get them to appear together. Or you can create a playlist on the pb or create playlists on your computer and copy them to the pb's music folder. Oh, and most of my music is also Classical. But those "best of ..." kind of Albums can create sorting/id problems.
    Last edited by F2; 01-28-12 at 10:20 AM.
    01-28-12 10:17 AM
    The music player PB comes with is pretty good... My only issue is that you only get to make and save one playlists. You can trick it and add your own .m3u playlists files, but those playlists have to have the exact name of the songs and the songs have to be in the same folder, kind of complicated.

I bought the music skins app for a few bucks, hoping it was a step up. It's pretty good, lets you make and save playlists and the gui is decent. Only gripe I have is when you have a long playlists, and your rocking tunes at a party, and you want to move a hot song up the playlist to played next, you can't, they are locked in position. Not such a big deal, but like the stock player you can only add a tune to the end of the list you have going (which if your like me could be very long.)

As mentioned several places around here the android app Winamp works on PB when sideloaded. Not sure which exact version I got from lists around, but It works well for. I can make and save multiple playlists and also adjust them by moving songs around doing the list.

At least there are some options...

Added a couple screenshots of music skins app and a few of winamp
    Last edited by aloon69; 01-28-12 at 04:27 PM.
    01-28-12 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD