the title says it all. Is there anyway that I can stream music from my phone to my playbook over a wifi or via a bridge or anything?
    04-12-13 04:17 PM
    yeah,,, & it sounds surprisingly good too,,, only thing is you have to start each song my hand, @ least based on my experience,,, all you have to do is this:

1- go to file manager
    2- click on device media card/device,,, depending where your desired media is
    3- navigate to media, play/open

you can play songs continuously if you set your phone as a media server,,, i play mine thru my tv w/ sound set up thru stereo
    04-12-13 05:40 PM
    I did that and it worked but what a bad setup. Is there any other way besides that? Opening one song at a time and not being able to have a playlist play through is really annoying.

If i set my phone as a media server how do i do that?
    04-12-13 07:57 PM
    If you had a server you could stream music to your playbook using your z10 or second pb as a controller. It works similarly to sonos music but with logitech squeeze box, making your playbook its own zone. Let me know if you want to know more.
    04-13-13 10:14 AM
    I did that and it worked but what a bad setup. Is there any other way besides that? Opening one song at a time and not being able to have a playlist play through is really annoying.

If i set my phone as a media server how do i do that?
    go to "device options" > "networks & connections" > "media server" > check "media server" tick box,,, this's how my 9850 is set up,,, you should now see your phone on anything that'll stream,,, it even shows up on my tv,,, you can choose music, pics, etc.,,, you also have the option to name your devices' server,,, i.e. 9850media,,, it won't play playlists for some reason but will play all songs in a row so maybe making a folder w/ certain songs could substitute for playlists...

p.s. there will be a small icon in the notification area that looks like a tv w/ an arrow in it,,, this will indicate media server is enabled,,, also you won't be able to stream from the device while it's plugged into pc since anything on the media card is inaccessable, just like if you were to try to access it normally when plugged in...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 04-13-13 at 04:11 PM.
    04-13-13 01:07 PM
    go to "device options" > "networks & connections" > "media server" > check "media server" tick box,,, this's how my 9850 is set up,,, you should now see your phone on anything that'll stream,,, it even shows up on my tv,,, you can choose music, pics, etc.,,, you also have the option to name your devices' server,,, i.e. 9850media,,, it won't play playlists for some reason but will play all songs in a row so maybe making a folder w/ certain songs could substitute for playlists...

p.s. there will be a small icon in the notification area that looks like a tv w/ an arrow in it,,, this will indicate media server is enabled,,, also you won't be able to stream from the device while it's plugged into pc since anything on the media card is inaccessable, just like if you were to try to access it normally when plugged in...
    Interesting. So, this shows my 9930 in Windows Media Player? Is there a way to show it in the PB? I also now see My Blackberry but it wants a certificate????
    04-13-13 05:19 PM
    Interesting. So, this shows my 9930 in Windows Media Player? Is there a way to show it in the PB? I also now see My Blackberry but it wants a certificate????
    i'm not sure about showing up in pb or wmp,,, i tried pb but didn't see the phone anywhere,,, i just re-stumbled on the media option recently then realized i could use this to stream music to my tv w/ my stereo hooked up to it, [to hell w/ home theater/entertainment, nad 350w into 4 cerwin vegas & 2 aiwa satellites blows that junk away, ], i've been working overtime trying to figure out how to stream from my pc to the tv via the router in addition to getting my 9850 & pb running on vpn, both are new & i'm learning how to get everything "geeked out", , so i've been in that mode of getting everything tied in,,, where do you see your phone & where does it ask for the cert???
    04-14-13 03:13 AM
    just for the record i don't think you can stream to pb w/ phones' media server,,, if you figure a way let me know,,, it doesn't show anywhere i looked...
    04-14-13 03:16 AM
    i'm not sure about showing up in pb or wmp,,, i tried pb but didn't see the phone anywhere,,, i just re-stumbled on the media option recently then realized i could use this to stream music to my tv w/ my stereo hooked up to it, [to hell w/ home theater/entertainment, nad 350w into 4 cerwin vegas & 2 aiwa satellites blows that junk away, ], i've been working overtime trying to figure out how to stream from my pc to the tv via the router in addition to getting my 9850 & pb running on vpn, both are new & i'm learning how to get everything "geeked out", , so i've been in that mode of getting everything tied in,,, where do you see your phone & where does it ask for the cert???
    I opened Network. Clicking on 9930, I get Media Player but if I click on MyBlackberry, it asks for a certificate???
    Attached Thumbnails Music Streaming from blackberry phone to playbook-network.jpg  
    04-14-13 10:05 AM
    I opened Network. Clicking on 9930, I get Media Player but if I click on MyBlackberry, it asks for a certificate???
    hmm,,, dunno what's up there,,, i did realize tho, that on the phone, where you turn on media server, it'll list all the devices recognized in the "access control" tab,,, for me that's just the tv,,, my phone doesn't show up on pc unless it's plugged in...
    04-14-13 06:12 PM