Anyone ever lose their playbook music player? Can't find it, can't reload it, can't upgrade for it? Tried looking for an app...no go either? I can backup and wipe, did this once and got it back....then it disappeared again? If I use the File Manager to find and play a song, it uses the Movie Player and then stops after that chosen song finishes. At a loss here...
    04-23-12 06:51 AM
    No, I've never lost my music player on my PlayBook through ALL the updates since May. ALL of my updates, I've done via OTA, with no wipe, no desk top....just a HARD RESET immediately following completion of a update and my PlayBook hasn't had any problems
    04-23-12 06:59 AM
    Are you sure you haven't accidentally move it somewhere? Check all folders up and down and all screens left and right.
    04-23-12 07:05 AM
    Ya I just noticed that I lost my music player also after the 2.0.1 update I did yesterday. I was trying to figure out what icon I was missing. I also can only play one song through video player and it shuts down.
    04-23-12 07:26 AM
    Looked through all possible places it could be...but not to be found. When I play a song by forcing through File Manager, i can see the blue arrow in the system icons at top, but no other signs
    04-23-12 08:58 AM
    havent experience dat so far.
    04-23-12 08:59 AM
    I lost my video player app after the initial OS 2 update and hoped 2.0.1.358 would bring it back -- it didn't. My work around is to either use Files and Folders to launch video or access it through the camera. Once I do, the video player launches so its still there. I've just lost the icon. RIM needs to come up with a simple means of restoring icons.

Have you tried a file browser like Files and Folders to see if it will launch the music player for you?
    04-23-12 11:30 AM
    If there is anything that would warrant a wipe and an OS reinstall, this would be it.
    04-23-12 11:31 AM
    Gave up battling, installed Music Synch and that works great so far. I had already wiped, reinstalled, re-upgraded and after restoring all my data, lost the player again. New player works great, so all is good and PB continues to rule!
    04-23-12 12:18 PM
    I haven't lost my music icon, but I did loose my calculator on one of my playbooks. Haven't done a reinstall but it is kind of weird that it just disappeared.
    04-23-12 03:24 PM
    These missing apps/icons really needs to be reported back to Rim. But one should not have to pay money if it is beyond the 90 day Tech Support period. This is where Amazon's almost no questions asked Warranty is so much better.
    04-23-12 06:27 PM
    My music app is also gone. I went through the security wipe and restore process this evening and it was restored - until sideloaded my "must have" android apps.

If I have to choose, guess I'll do without the music player.
    05-31-12 10:08 PM
    Which "must have" android apps? Uninstall them one by one, reboot between each removal and see if that fixes things.
    05-31-12 11:46 PM
    Last I heard it doesn't cost to send a email !
    BBs; [email protected]
    excerpt from;
    http://ca.blackberry.com/customer-se...=ca:bb:Support

I tend (prefer) to use email contact, whenever reaching out to any service provider so things are in writing vs to a csr via voice be it verbal bouquet or brick.

If they don't care enough to respond, at least it is documented at least at my end and I can move on . . . .

nite.
    Last edited by Cracklen; 06-02-12 at 11:17 PM.
    06-02-12 11:14 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I have Kindle, Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends, and GoogleMaps installed. I tried uninstalling a couple of them and restarting, but no luck. I imagine support would advise me to reinstall the OS and quit using unsupported apps, so I'm not asking them.
    06-04-12 07:42 PM
    I never had the icon and mine came with 2.0. It plays through File manager but I installed the cube player and I like it.
    What did it look like>
    06-05-12 06:59 PM
    The icon looked like a music note - blue, I think. I'm using the cube player now too.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 05:32 PM
    I lost my music player too. How do I get it back?
    02-28-13 09:16 PM
    I lost my music player too. How do I get it back?
    What caused it? In other words, what did you do when it disappeared?
    03-01-13 12:02 AM
    Oh, the famous disappearing icon bug that I already reported to RIM a half a year ago that has never been fixed. A quick way to check that it is only the icon that is missing is to use the 'Playbook App Manager' to see if it still installed and not just deleted by mistake. It can still be started using the 'Launch' button. Forget about the backup/restore procedure, even after a wipe it does not fix it, but using the empty dock kludge as documented in the forums should work.
    03-01-13 01:09 AM
    12-19-14 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD