Hi everyone,

Is there anyway to have music on your PlayBook without it being picked up (or loaded) by the Music Player App?

I use Bed-Buzz and I put my own custom alarm mp3 files on my PlayBook but I don't want to hear them when listening to music. Imagine jamming to Pete Yorn (lol hypothetically speaking - no one likes that Pete Yorn song) and the next track you hear is an annoying alarm clock? That would totally throw off your vibe....

Any ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

[PS - Also, what about having images on your PB without it being picked up by the "Pictures" app - not that this would be useful but I am curious]
    12-07-11 07:35 AM
    I was trying to find a way for this too, i only have 4 days with my PlayBook. What i do for music is go to Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming and play them from there but it would be good if i could somehow play the music from my BlackBerry on the PlayBook without loading the music to the PB itself... lol

Thanks in advance whoever help us
    12-07-11 08:26 AM
    I think the only way would be to create a PLAYLIST that omits the offending Alarm mp3's.

It is a problem with a number of the apps - they do not respect any folder order or confines and find every photo, video or mp3 no matter where it is stored on the pb.
    12-07-11 09:47 AM
    I think the only way would be to create a PLAYLIST that omits the offending Alarm mp3's.

It is a problem with a number of the apps - they do not respect any folder order or confines and find every photo, video or mp3 no matter where it is stored on the pb.
    ...and I would have to create this playlist from my computer, since there is no way (not that I know of) to create your own playlist from the PlayBook. Smh...

Man the PlayBook is a great device but these little things (this, spell check, autocorrect, etc) annoy the joy out of you....
    12-07-11 07:45 PM
    I only tested the ONE playlist you can create on the pb. All others have been created on the computer. Although, the other day, I used Tag/Rename (on computer) and was able to get it to navigate to the pb network drive and create playlists on the pb.
    12-07-11 09:12 PM
    I only tested the ONE playlist you can create on the pb. All others have been created on the computer. Although, the other day, I used Tag/Rename (on computer) and was able to get it to navigate to the pb network drive and create playlists on the pb.
    Yeah... Creating a playlist is the only work around right now.

Do you know if the PlayBook only recognizes playlist files with a ".m3u" extension? To my knowledge so far that's the only one. Just curious.
    12-08-11 05:07 AM
    I've only tried .m3u - at least, on the pb. I may have tried others on the phone but it would have been ages ago, and I obviously settled for m3u as some were moved from the phone.

I messed with Media Monkey after I posted and I HATE SYNC. I did NOT ask for sync. I tried creating a playlist and when attempting to copy what I thought was JUST THE PLAYLIST, it started MOVING all of my mp3's into the top folder@!!!!!!!!! - a mess!!!
    12-08-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD