Hi,
    After getting BB Link to work on windows 7 I'm adding music from itunes, all seemed to be fine until I noticed that one album that I knew had been transferred was missing, but when I go in to my PB through My Computer the album is there.
    Another thing I noticed was that a folder has been created called 'compilations' which has various albums that are NOT compilations.

if anyone can help it'll be much appreciated.

thanks
    Col
    06-25-13 12:58 PM
    Let's see if anyone has had similar outcome.

I'll just ask some questions - is it a subfolder under other folders? Which folder?

Can you move the music files manually when looking using My Computer? Tried moving them to a more appropriately named folder?

Do they show up as just separate tracks as opposed to Albums or Artist in the Music playing app?
    06-25-13 03:48 PM
    Let's see if anyone has had similar outcome.

I'll just ask some questions - is it a subfolder under other folders? Which folder?

Can you move the music files manually when looking using My Computer? Tried moving them to a more appropriately named folder?

Do they show up as just separate tracks as opposed to Albums or Artist in the Music playing app?
    Hi Thanks for reply,
    the answers to your Q's,
    Both main folders & sub folders (when moved on their own) don't show up in music App.
    Yes I can move manually using My Computer but still dont show in music App.
    They show up as full albums in My Computer or the File App on my PB

Hope this helps,
    Col
    06-27-13 05:32 AM
    I don't know anything about itunes. Do all of those songs have proper mp3 tags? The player uses those tags to actually show music - it does not care about filenames or file extensions?
    06-27-13 09:00 AM
    If my memory serves me well, I think that the music player might not see certain tunes that were purchased from Apple that were DRM protected. Where did you get the missing album from?
    06-27-13 11:19 AM
    If my memory serves me well, I think that the music player might not see certain tunes that were purchased from Apple that were DRM protected. Where did you get the missing album from?
    It's my own CD
    06-27-13 12:53 PM
    It's my own CD
    Well, I suppose that it's possible that the tags got screwed up somehow or sometime. As F2 noted earlier, the Music app reads song tags to identify songs, and if the tags are wrong or nonexistent, the songs will not be located in the Music app where you think that they should be. I'd check the tags first. You can do this using Windows Explorer, either wirelessly or through USB. Just navigate to the missing songs on your PB using Explorer, then right click on one and select "Properties", then click on the "Details" tab. See if the tags, Title, artist, album, etc. are there and correct. If they're not, you'll have to add the tags and the songs should then show correctly in the Music app.
    06-27-13 09:20 PM
    Well, I suppose that it's possible that the tags got screwed up somehow or sometime. As F2 noted earlier, the Music app reads song tags to identify songs, and if the tags are wrong or nonexistent, the songs will not be located in the Music app where you think that they should be. I'd check the tags first. You can do this using Windows Explorer, either wirelessly or through USB. Just navigate to the missing songs on your PB using Explorer, then right click on one and select "Properties", then click on the "Details" tab. See if the tags, Title, artist, album, etc. are there and correct. If they're not, you'll have to add the tags and the songs should then show correctly in the Music app.
    Yes I understand the whole tags & stuff but surely if itunes is sorting & displaying the albums correctly then all should be transfered from there since thats what the PB music is synced to?
    06-28-13 08:51 AM