Hi,

Anyone know of a decent (or at least working) App preferably free, or certainly no more than 1 or so (I only want it for a bit of fun), that can identify a song that is being played (externally to the PB)
    You know the sort of thing I mean, if a song is playing on the radio, you fire up the app, and it 'listens' to the song for a short time, then does some sort of clever lookup on the internet, and tells you the name of the song and the artist etc etc

Thanks,

Chris.
    08-14-13 01:10 PM
    you can sideload shazam and there is also soundhound.
    08-14-13 01:15 PM
    Hands down soundhound. you can humm the music and it will guess it for you. Shazam can't do that
    08-14-13 01:19 PM
    08-14-13 01:20 PM
    08-14-13 01:46 PM
    Shazam stopped working a couple of OS updates ago.
    08-14-13 01:51 PM
    I'm really liking Soundhound
    08-14-13 04:03 PM
    Just downloaded Soundhound from the link F2 provided.
    It keeps crashing when it has finished listening to the song.
    08-14-13 04:32 PM
    Took forever to load and then I had the "forced close" also. I wonder if there's an older version?
    08-14-13 05:01 PM
    Took forever to load and then I had the "forced close" also. I wonder if there's an older version?
    Have sent a message to goodEplayer to ask if there is anything they can do about this app not working...(suggested a previous version, maybe). WIll post back here if I get any news...
    08-15-13 05:13 AM
    I'm guessing it is working for you then(?) Can you tell us what version you are running, and do you have a link to a .BAR of that version??

Thanks.
    08-15-13 05:15 AM
    I have this app:
    http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psd3ec47ce.png

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psafdc3fe9.png

It works really well but it appears it is not longer on bb world.
    ChrisMay likes this.
    08-15-13 06:12 AM
    I have this app:
    http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psd3ec47ce.png

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psafdc3fe9.png

It works really well but it appears it is not longer on bb world.
    Hi,
    Thanks for this. I'll try sending them an email an see if I get a response. You say it was on BB World at some point?
    08-15-13 07:59 AM
    I tried loading the version from goodereader and several others with the same results. I found an older thread on here from back in Feb where Koz had said that it works but you can't listen to songs and id them.

I had hoped that an updated version would have that function but it doesn't seem to be the case.
    08-15-13 11:39 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for this. I'll try sending them an email an see if I get a response. You say it was on BB World at some point?
    Well, got a reply. App is not available anymore they said it was withdrawn from sale...
    They did, however recommend this http://www.midomi.com/objects/midomi...iceSearch.swf?

Not a proper app, but seems to work ok. Will do for me, anyway.
    08-15-13 04:27 PM
    I'm guessing it is working for you then(?) Can you tell us what version you are running, and do you have a link to a .BAR of that version??

Thanks.
    Why not just download a native Soundhound (version 1.0.1.0) from BB Apps World? Soundhound beats Shazam by miles. I love Soundhound, which recognizes songs by humming and recognizes more Asian songs.
    08-15-13 04:41 PM
    Why not just download a native Soundhound (version 1.0.1.0) from BB Apps World? Soundhound beats Shazam by miles. I love Soundhound, which recognizes songs by humming and recognizes more Asian songs.
    I agree just grab SoundHound here and enjoy . http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/29100905

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    08-15-13 04:45 PM
    Can't find it on BB World, unless you mean a BB10 version, rather than a playbook one?

I did get this rather interesting reply from Soundhound tech support though
    Hi Chris,

Currently SoundHound is not available for BlackBerry playbook tablet. It should however be available in the future. Anything other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know! Have a wonderful afternoon
    I'm more than a little surprised by the implication that they are working on a playbook version, or maybe it is just a standard response written before all the bad news recently...
    08-15-13 04:46 PM
    Of all the apps I've tried, SoundHound works the best. The scrolling lyrics that keep time with the music is pretty impressive.
    08-15-13 04:51 PM
    Of all the apps I've tried, SoundHound works the best. The scrolling lyrics that keep time with the music is pretty impressive.
    Have you got Soundhound on your PLAYBOOK? If so, where did you get it from? Could you provide a link, as I may be being thick, but I can't find it... They only version I can find is the one on GoodEReader, but that one is known to crash when you try to get it to identify a song...

Thanks,

Chris
    08-15-13 05:10 PM
    I agree just grab SoundHound here and enjoy . BlackBerry World - SoundHound

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    Hmm, think that link is for the BB10 version. Will not work on the PlayBook sadly.
    08-15-13 05:15 PM
    Well, got a reply. App is not available anymore they said it was withdrawn from sale...
    They did, however recommend this http://www.midomi.com/objects/midomi...iceSearch.swf?

Not a proper app, but seems to work ok. Will do for me, anyway.
    I agree. Not always the fastest, but saving the Midomi Web Page works fine for me.
    08-15-13 10:36 PM