I just got my today. Am a bit disappointed of the distance require between your device and the gateway is shorter than I desire.
    Was still using my 9900 when I got mine, and frankly the range sucked. I'd say the range is a reliable 3-4 metres real world with a Z10 though.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    06-13-13 03:49 AM
    Just a quick test. The pb is upstairs and the Gateway is downstairs in a cabinet with my receiver, tivo, dvd player - probably a diagonal 15 to 20 feet, through a few walls and a floor/ceiling and cabinet doors. Played fine. But that's not a great distance.
    06-13-13 08:51 AM
    I have found that the range for my setup (gateway into AV receiver) is about 30/35 feet UNOBSTRUCTED. If I step outside 3 feet and through the screen door, that is when I start to get the dropouts. Open the screen door, it's good (I know I know; Faraday cage effect).

But all through the house is good, even shoosting through 2 walls at about 25 feet.

BUT you place your hand over the left side of the PB, and the drop outs increase (This is where I beleive the BT antennea is located, so I don't do that).

These "limitation" are not an issue for me. Best little 40..00 item I bought.

C
    06-13-13 08:59 AM
    Have any of you experienced difficulties connecting via NFC? I can always connect my 9900 via Bluetooth, but often can't get the NFC to join.
    06-13-13 09:24 AM
    Have any of you experienced difficulties connecting via NFC? I can always connect my 9900 via Bluetooth, but often can't get the NFC to join.
    I have the opposite experience. Nfc connected faster from my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:31 AM
    Again, don't use NFC after the initial pairing.

I know, that's not the way I thought it would work either, but after the initial pairing you can turn the gateway off by pressing the top surface. Turn it on again the same way and your phone will pair right back up.

06-14-13 10:23 AM
    Again, don't use NFC after the initial pairing.

I know, that's not the way I thought it would work either, but after the initial pairing you can turn the gateway off by pressing the top surface. Turn it on again the same way and your phone will pair right back up.

Thanks Thunderbuck...I missed that feature. Explains why it immediately reconnects.
    06-14-13 10:42 AM
    I often forget the left side of the playbook is where the bluetooth signal is transmitting. I was causing the stuttering of the music. Lol.
    06-16-13 06:47 PM
33 12