I'm interested in getting the BB Music Gateway.

I see two types being sold on eBay.

One square-ish black with chrome trim.

The other rectangular all black.

What is the difference between the two?
    05-11-13 02:08 AM
    All black is the new one with NFC.
    05-11-13 02:13 AM
    Does the NFC mean you can just sit your Z10 on the box and your music will stream?

Sorry if it's a daft question, but that's what I am assuming. If so, why not use blue tooth and use your phone at the same time

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:48 AM
    Does the NFC mean you can just sit your Z10 on the box and your music will stream?

Sorry if it's a daft question, but that's what I am assuming. If so, why not use blue tooth and use your phone at the same time

Posted via CB10
    I am guessing as I don't have the z10... But I believe you can "program" a devices reaction to the nfc tap so that you could create a series of "instructions (macros)" on how the z10 reacts when it contacts/reads the nfc. Let's see what others have to say (as my reply will also bump the thread)
    05-11-13 09:00 AM
    The one with the silver bumper is the PowerPoint presented and does not work with OS10 devices like the Z10 or Q10, Bluetooth will be recognised but will not work.
    The all black box is the media gateway and is very much recommended for all newer devices!!
    Have both of these devices..

Got this little MG thing hooked up to my amplifier with 40inch PAs... wopping and blasting out just everything that is sent to it either with my Z10 or PB, (it can only serve one at the time) no matter if it is music or audio from a video, it will play it all, just pair it and it will do its job.
    This NFC / Bluetooth box even takes over if I have a sound playing as soon the Z10 coming in reach. Actualy you can even use it for recording.
    The phone do not need to rest on or near that box... writing this while playing music at the same time... walking around..

For instance I can send a video via BB- bridge from my Z10 to the Playbook and the sound is sent to the media gateway and amplifier setup at the same time.
    Just use the Z10 as Multimedia station in multi task mode...

Posted via Z10
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 05-11-13 at 10:04 AM.
    05-11-13 09:25 AM
    If you don't have built-in Bluetooth on your receiver, MG is a great device. Works with all of my 9900 and PlayBooks's audio controls, and also quickly connects with wifes's Apple stuff (iPhone 5 and iPad, although without control functions. So simple, and yet so useful.
    05-11-13 09:05 PM
    I dont know where to find this....but, does the Music Gateway actually need a power connection or only a connection to the audio system. There are different description in the www...
    05-22-13 03:59 PM
    I dont know where to find this....but, does the Music Gateway actually need a power connection or only a connection to the audio system. There are different description in the www...
    Both - connects to AC power, and audio (red and white RCA's) to audio system.
    05-22-13 04:04 PM
    Both - connects to AC power, and audio (red and white RCA's) to audio system.
    so if i put it in the AUX pin it will be working without power cable Awesome
    05-23-13 01:48 AM
    so if i put it in the AUX pin it will be working without power cable Awesome
    Naw sorry man. The music gateway needs to be connected to a power source and the receiver/speakers, not just the latter. It comes with an AUX cable and an RCA (think that's what it's called) cable

Posted via CB10
    gooz89 likes this.
    05-23-13 02:19 AM
    Just to clarify, with the Z10 or another NFC enabled device (not entirely sure if it is as seem less on Android devices as it is on BB) you just tap the music gateway with the Z10 and it will connect the 2 through bluetooth. It's not the NFC that allows the streaming, it just connects the 2 devices. Just tap again to disconnect.

You can use bluetooth enabled devices such as a laptop, iPhone, playbook, etc, by pushing the button on top of the gateway then following the setup on your device, I believe the default password if needed is just 0000.

I had mine connected to my computer speakers with a couple and such, but now it's connected to my receiver and sounds great Iver the surround sound!

The all black one is the newer one too.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:23 AM
    So after it has been paired it should work? Cuz i want the gateway in my car for my inbuilt pb

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:29 AM
    I can highly recommend this:
    Music Gateway Device-41csbzne3dl._sx300_.jpg
    EDUP EP-B3502 Wireless Car Bluetooth Music Receiver Stereo Output A2DP

It does much the same job, except it's tiny, and it has a built-in battery with an 8-hour play time. I use mine in my car, very convenient.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    05-23-13 02:57 AM
    I can highly recommend this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41CsbZne3dL._SX300_.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	164376
    EDUP EP-B3502 Wireless Car Bluetooth Music Receiver Stereo Output A2DP

It does much the same job, except it's tiny, and it has a built-in battery with an 8-hour play time. I use mine in my car, very convenient.
    yea buy the gateway i can power to the 12v

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:59 AM
    So after it has been paired it should work? Cuz i want the gateway in my car for my inbuilt pb

Posted via CB10
    If it's plugged in the AUX and the power, then yeah just tap to connect then when you're done just tap again

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:56 AM
    Where is a good place to buy this in Ontario?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 03:03 PM
    Where is a good place to buy this in Ontario?

Posted via CB10
    If no one replies, ONLINE is generally where you can find BB accessories, particularly for the less popular PB. Crackberry sells it, I believe or did.
    06-03-13 04:33 PM
    I'm a buy in store kind of guy.

Looks like that might change

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:06 PM
    I'm a buy in store kind of guy.

Looks like that might change

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I understand. I like to at least handle or check items out in person and sometimes willing to pay a bit more for such availability.
    06-03-13 07:34 PM
    I've had 2 of these gateways. The first one my dog chewed to death, the 2nd one I have now has much less range and is quite garbage compared to the 1st one. Am kinda bummed. Hopefully you will get a good one

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.2354!
    06-05-13 08:32 AM
    [QUOTE=F2;8460195]I am guessing as I don't have the z10... But I believe you can "program" a devices reaction to the nfc tap so that you could create a series of "instructions (macros)" on how the z10 reacts when it contacts/reads the nfc. Let's see what others have to say (as my reply will also bump the thread)[/QUOTE
    No need to program, just turn on the nfc and tap on music gateway and it will vibrate and buzz. It's instant connection. Faster than bluetooth.
    06-12-13 11:15 PM
    I've had 2 of these gateways. The first one my dog chewed to death, the 2nd one I have now has much less range and is quite garbage compared to the 1st one. Am kinda bummed. Hopefully you will get a good one

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.2354!
    I just got my today. Am a bit disappointed of the distance require between your device and the gateway is shorter than I desire.
    06-12-13 11:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    NFC is used strictly for pairing, but it's very useful for that. Tap ANY NFC-equipped phone against the gateway and it will initiate a pairing sequence. After the device pairs, the gateway can be turned on and off just by tapping it on top.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    06-12-13 11:20 PM
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Music Gateway For All Bluetooth & Nfc Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

1 left from this seller. $38! I have one and I have used it on my PlayBook, Note 10.1, Bold 9930, an iPod touch, Android phones, iPhone as old as the 3G, and some 2 year old feature phones. Great device. Works for the audio with turn by turn navigation in the car too. I have mine on a cassette adapter. Never once have I regretted buying this. Comes with everything you need in the box. This has worked on every phone I've ever owned. Even this one in the attached pic.

I got mine from Shop CrackBerry.com however and not Amazon.
    Attached Thumbnails Music Gateway Device-20130613_004454.jpg  
    06-12-13 11:46 PM
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Music Gateway For All Bluetooth & Nfc Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

1 left from this seller. $38! I have one and I have used it on my PlayBook, Note 10.1, Bold 9930, an iPod touch, Android phones, iPhone as old as the 3G, and some 2 year old feature phones. Great device. Works for the audio with turn by turn navigation in the car too. I have mine on a cassette adapter. Never once have I regretted buying this. Comes with everything you need in the box. This has worked on every phone I've ever owned. Even this one in the attached pic.

I got mine from Shop CrackBerry.com however and not Amazon.
    A CASSETTE ADAPTER!? That's insane! The latest in audio connectivity alongside a device that nobody even MAKES anymore.

Though you now have me wondering what the market might be for a BT cassette adapter...

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    06-13-13 03:45 AM
33 12