When I view Music/Albums....I get a list of the same ol' icon with the Album Name and the Artist below the same exact icon showing a CD. Actually most all of the icon screen space is this same stupid disk icon image repeated over and over and over. Is there a way of keeping the icon but moving the album name and artist to the center of this disk and on top of it, where it can be much larger and easier to read ? Or: just forget about the disk. Doc Neutron
    08-22-12 06:01 PM
    Many of mine show the cover art. But that's because I've added it using the ID3 tags.

If you have an ID3 editor, or other player that allows you to edit the MP3 files, you can add the album art.
    08-22-12 06:05 PM
    edit- wrong thread, sorry
    Last edited by pacoman03; 08-22-12 at 06:17 PM.
    08-22-12 06:13 PM
    MediaMonkey Free works great for editing/adding album artwork...
    08-22-12 09:09 PM
    The native Music player offers no customization to the layout of the application or any such layout or design based customization options.

What you can do is, use 'Additional album information' option from within Windows media player or iTunes to get the right Album name, Artist name, Track number, Genre and release date. You can get this done for your entire media library. In this way, you will have many less repetitive artist songs as the ones from the same albums will be clubbed together. Many times, incorrect 'tags' on MP3 files can cause them to be abruptly displayed all over the place making it difficult to sort or find your music.

Updating tags (or additional information data) on your MP3 is the single most important thing to be able to comfortably browse through your music collection.

Album art covers also get updated, and once they are loaded within the the MP3 files, on the PlayBook, it is easier to browse and search albums by quickly glancing through the Album art covers.
    08-23-12 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD