Hey everyone, just thought I would make a compilation of things I discovered with the Playbook and share them with you.

Multitasking: Change the setting in General Settings of the behavior of applications in background to "Showcase" to make the applications not interrupt.

Air Browser: Manage all your files. Move, rename, delete and even open. You can select many items at once and make an instant move.

Take the best videos and pictures possible: Have good illumination, preferably natural light. Do not shoot against the light. I'm planning to create a stand where I can simply insert the playbook and turn it into a video camera .

Create shortcuts for web pages: In the Browser, swipe from the top to add a bookmark and save the page on your Front Page. For example, I like to listen to stream radio from my home town so it becomes virtually an application, thanks to Flash of course.

Download files: Yes! you can download anything except for torrents. Simply go to a link you normally would and touch the download button of the desired file. It will be in your downloads file and will appear in the correct area (videos, music, pdfs)

Make up for lack of Native Mail App: If you have Hotmail, good for you. Use the hotmail app and select the classic site. When you write a new email, you can attach anything you want, like you normally would on your computer. I didn't figure it out for Gmail yet.

Make up for Skype and other messengers: IMO messenger. Visit it in with your browser and save the page on your Home Screen. I personally did not succeed to call numbers but I was able to chat. We need to insist for a native mail application and Skype.

Thanks for reading.
    09-30-11 08:12 AM
    Perhaps putting this in the Playbook forum would get more responses...

Tim
    09-30-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD