My PlayBook keeps on getting multiple email folders. I just deleted my email accounts during the week and I now have eight inboxes, sent items, deleted, etc......

Any idea what is happening and how to fix it????
    07-28-12 09:21 PM
    This came up in another thread today but I don't recall where on CB.
    07-28-12 09:59 PM
    I noticed the same thing too the last couple of days. Just on Hotmail account. I also have Yahoo and MS Exchange account but have not had this problem with non-hotmail.

I get multiple icons of each Hotmail folder but only one instance of each will actually have email items in them.

I go to Settings and then Accounts to delete Hotmail. I then select Add New Account to resync Hotmail again and my Hotmail folders are back to one each. For a short while....

I have done this several times now and the folders are good for a bit then start multiplying like rabbits.

Annoying as I'm temporarily taken aback when I select the wrong copy of say the Inbox and there is nothing there.
    07-28-12 10:30 PM
    Yes Hotmail accounts.....two of them so I have 16 different inboxes, etc....deleting and reinstalling can't be the only way??????
    07-29-12 06:49 AM
    This is ridiculous. I have two live.ca email accounts and I've spent the last two nights trying to install them. I only have one right now and keep on getting "...failed testing with current settings."

It is supposed to install easily but isnt!!!!!

Server setting defaults to m.Hotmail.com and eventually worked for one account!!!!

All this because my folders were repeating!
    07-31-12 08:46 AM
    It's something ms changed in hotmail. I hear RIM is working on it and should be fixed in 2.1 if and when it arrives.
    07-31-12 08:53 AM
    This is ridiculous. I have two live.ca email accounts and I've spent the last two nights trying to install them. I only have one right now and keep on getting "...failed testing with current settings."

It is supposed to install easily but isnt!!!!!

Server setting defaults to m.Hotmail.com and eventually worked for one account!!!!

All this because my folders were repeating!
    KB32048-When Integrating Hotmail through Simple Integration on the BlackBerry PlayBook the following appears "Account Hotmail - <username>@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings"
    07-31-12 08:54 AM
    Try setting the Server Address to "bay-m.hotmail.com" or "debug-m.hotmail.com" to get rid of the "...failed testing with current settings" message.
    08-01-12 10:42 AM
    Well, same problem here, I got multiple folders for my hotmail account. Though it started only when I switched to those alternate hotmail address to bypass the connection problem. Now I'm with blu-m.hotmail.com and I have 20 inboxes...

Can uninstall and reinstall once in a while, but I hope this will be fixed in 2.1. And anyway, I'm about to dump hotmail.
    08-02-12 05:11 PM
    Well, same problem here, I got multiple folders for my hotmail account. Though it started only when I switched to those alternate hotmail address to bypass the connection problem. Now I'm with blu-m.hotmail.com and I have 20 inboxes...

Can uninstall and reinstall once in a while, but I hope this will be fixed in 2.1. And anyway, I'm about to dump hotmail.
    I read that RIM is working on the problem MS created when they changed their mail. It is suppose to be fixed in 2.1 but who knows.
    08-02-12 05:12 PM
    Thanks for the help on the errors........when is 2.1 supposed to be coming out....hopefully not around the time of the BlackBerry 10.0 platform!

Mike
    08-12-12 09:17 PM
    Thanks for the help on the errors........when is 2.1 supposed to be coming out....hopefully not around the time of the BlackBerry 10.0 platform!

Mike
    Sometimes between now and when BB10 does come out!!!! It could be tomorrow or 5 months from now. Rim plays this stuff close to the vest.
    08-12-12 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD