Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if bb10 will have multi use support when it comes to the playbook next year? I never realized what a fantastic and useful feature this would be until I played around with a friend's nexus tablet over xmas. He's got his tablet set up so that each kid has their own profile/account on the device so he does not need to worry about them getting into his email, data, apps, etc...
    12-29-12 08:51 AM
    Sounds like an interesting feature. It would allow one to create a guest account, I'd guess, so that you could hand a pb over to someone and they could not do too much snooping!
    12-29-12 10:53 AM
    Infact; I saw a video that answers this question - shame I can't quite remember the name or link... Anyway, in someways, yes, in others; no. On this video it said that you can swipe down fro the top of the bezel in your apps menu, and it gives you to option, "Personal" and "Business," obviously to bring both sides of a phone into one.
    12-29-12 12:33 PM
    Idk about at launch they might but I'm sure 10.1 will likely have a spruced up BlackBerry balance for the consumer.
    12-29-12 02:18 PM
    When I first opened this thread I was going to say that I really didn't see much need for multi user support in OS10, but after thinking about how I wouldn't want people reading my emails and messing up the scores on my games... it actually makes a lot of sense.

I hope that this is a feature!
    12-29-12 10:43 PM
    Why is it that everyone seems to lose sight of the fact that this is a >$150 device and will be treated as such. It's a red herring for RIM and waste of resources going forth quite frankly. We should count ourselves lucky to get BB10. Honestly let's use our minds here... does making Playbook owners happy create any significant revenue for RIM, particularly given most of these devices were sold at no profit? The answer is no.
    12-30-12 12:02 AM
    Why is it that everyone seems to lose sight of the fact that this is a >$150 device and will be treated as such. It's a red herring for RIM and waste of resources going forth quite frankly. We should count ourselves lucky to get BB10. Honestly let's use our minds here... does making Playbook owners happy create any significant revenue for RIM, particularly given most of these devices were sold at no profit? The answer is no.
    And is a happy PB owner going to buy an iPhone or a Z10? What is a pissed off PB owner going to buy? Brand loyalty is a sustainable advantage.
    12-30-12 12:19 AM
    And is a happy PB owner going to buy an iPhone or a Z10? What is a pissed off PB owner going to buy? Brand loyalty is a sustainable advantage.
    Keep kidding yourself that the Playbook owners are top of mind to RIM. Keep kidding yourself.

I enjoy my PB, and at a current price it represents a great value but it remains a Red Herring and a drain on profit. The goofball fanbois that love EVERYTHING about the playbook at ALL TIMES will still buy blackberries no matter what OS the Playbook runs. Conversely Apple and Android fanbois don't give a turd what OS the Playbook runs. Get the picture?
    12-30-12 12:24 AM
    Mine was sold at a profit, therefore, maybe only profitable pb's should get bb10!
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-30-12 12:28 AM
    Infact; I saw a video that answers this question - shame I can't quite remember the name or link... Anyway, in someways, yes, in others; no. On this video it said that you can swipe down fro the top of the bezel in your apps menu, and it gives you to option, "Personal" and "Business," obviously to bring both sides of a phone into one.
    That sounds like BlackBerry Balance to separate personal and work profiles, not really multi-user.
    12-30-12 06:23 AM