I think these people are just forgetting when it's actually pausing, this has happened like 10 times where someone says it doesn't pause actually trys it, and then realizes it does pause.
    04-26-11 09:52 PM
    Just as annoying is that it forces a page refresh when you come back to a tab.
    04-26-11 10:08 PM
    HONESTLY, I had a youtube video running and I moved away into another tab and it kept playing. As a matter of fact I opened two more tabs while it kept playing. I switched away from the browser with youtube in a back-tab and it was still playing. But later I could not repeat it. I actually went back to try to open two separate videos in two tabs to see if they both kept going (overlapping) but then I could not get it to work in the background.

jeffmik "Just as annoying is that it forces a page refresh when you come back to a tab." That behavior does not always occur either. I've had it happen (back to the beginning) and NOT happen (come back and continues where left off). Again, no idea what causes it. I have a feeling that rather than the absence of tabbed-multitasking, there is a bug in how it operates.

The video that I had running was the one if you use the bookmark and it is down the page AA-12 Fully automatic shotgun. And that one does not reload the page if you tab away but it does not playing in the background anymore.
    Last edited by F2; 04-26-11 at 10:23 PM.
    04-26-11 10:20 PM
    Yeah IDK. The page reloading thing is something these mobile OS do when they are low on memory. The ipad did it all the time, the ipad 2 does it much less, the pre did it, did not happen much if ever on my Evo though, rarely happens on my windows phone but it does happen.

I've come to the conclusion that in order to actually get what we want (real multi-tasking, webpages that don't reload) we will just have to wait for tablets to run full fledged OS so those annoying things don't happen.
    04-27-11 11:01 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD