In the past, when I bought new PlayBooks, I noticed (from what I remember) that if I used the same BBID, the last device to have it installed on would give me an warning about how that device will become my new default device for said BBID (click OK or cancel or something to that affect). This was at the BBID setup portion. Having said that, I recharged 3/4 dozen PlayBooks and wiped them (loaned out to students), using the same BBID to bring it back up to verify hardware functionality for the next group of students. This time, the process did NOT warn me about the devices becoming my default device. Has something changed since Fall of last year with how BBIDs are handled on PlayBooks? Or, do I just remember incorrectly? I haven't tried BB World or VideoChat on any of the devices, since I was just testing hardware (one screen is very dim, possibly dead backlight or some such). I searched for various threads, but they were all about how you can't have two devices with the same ID, and yet all dozen (mine included) are now up and running.
    07-24-13 03:14 PM
    Gotta love wallposts... So easy to read... Ok... So...

In the past, when I bought new PlayBooks, I noticed (from what I remember) that if I used the same BBID, the last device to have it installed on would give me an warning about how that device will become my new default device for said BBID (click OK or cancel or something to that affect). This was at the BBID setup portion. Having said that, I recharged 3/4 dozen PlayBooks and wiped them (loaned out to students), using the same BBID to bring it back up to verify hardware functionality for the next group of students. This time, the process did NOT warn me about the devices becoming my default device. Has something changed since Fall of last year with how BBIDs are handled on PlayBooks? Or, do I just remember incorrectly? I haven't tried BB World or VideoChat on any of the devices, since I was just testing hardware (one screen is very dim, possibly dead backlight or some such). I searched for various threads, but they were all about how you can't have two devices with the same ID, and yet all dozen (mine included) are now up and running.
    I remember reading something about a maximum number of BBID activations... Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: Here it is. Hope it can shed some light into the issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...5/#post8121535

From reading that thread, it seems that BlackBerry can reset your BBID. You lose nothing and all you gotta do is call support.
    07-24-13 04:01 PM
    For the last week I have been considering wiping my 32gig and moving it to the same bbid as my 64gig so that I can share the apps that I have paid for and actually put more burden (use actually) on the 32gig and its buttons and its screen backlight. With a new DLNA drive, I could set it up running Kalemsoft to my tv and not be only using the 64gig. Video Chat has not proved to be a big draw between the two units.
    07-24-13 04:46 PM
    For the last week I have been considering wiping my 32gig and moving it to the same bbid as my 64gig so that I can share the apps that I have paid for and actually put more burden (use actually) on the 32gig and its buttons and its screen backlight. With a new DLNA drive, I could set it up running Kalemsoft to my tv and not be only using the 64gig. Video Chat has not proved to be a big draw between the two units.
    ..... I can't get my PlayBook to sync LinkedIn anymore. Just a heads up.
    07-24-13 05:09 PM
    I dont know where some of these posts are coming from but as of right now this very minute i have three playbooks with me one is mine, one is my daughter 's , one i will be sending to south america in addition to a fourth one which has already been sent to south america and is working there. All of them , I repeat All of them have my BBid in them and they are just fine if i try to access bbworld a pop up box notifies me im trying to access bbworld with another playbook is that ok i click ok and all is well
    07-24-13 05:16 PM
    ..... I can't get my PlayBook to sync LinkedIn anymore. Just a heads up.
    Well, it is a good thing that I don't use LinkedIn (or facebook or whatever (I do use tweeter because wsdot puts up very timely traffic reports - not that you can avoid the snarls)) because it is WIPED and is downloading the 326mb 2.1.0.1526 update!

117mbs and counting with 25 minutes to go!

But thanks for the warning. I THINK I grabbed all of its unique info before blowing it away. I grabbed screenshots of its former bbid, its static wifi address, the various apps I had installed on it (Battery Guru was the only paid for duplicate on it).

I've been reading the LinkedIn problems. It is one more oddity that it would work before a WIPE but not work afterward
    07-24-13 06:37 PM
    Ah, now that i see it on the PlayBook browser... my apologies for the wall of text. It looked so short on the desktop.

Anyway, I tried using BB World and Video Chat on the student PlayBooks once I got home. It did ask me to confirm switching devices when I opened the apps to log in for the first time. No need for me to transfer my BBID since I'm only validating hardware. Looks like I remembered incorrectly. Thanks for the links above. I haven't reached 5 devices yet, but I'm close.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-24-13 08:42 PM