I am upgrading from MS Office 2007 to Office 365 on my Laptop
    does anyone have some thoughts to it
    Thanks
    06-27-13 11:32 AM
    06-27-13 01:26 PM
    Thanks, PK, for cleaning it up!
    06-27-13 04:00 PM
    Thanks, PK, for cleaning it up!
    Whoops didn't mean to post on the old thread and bifurcate the discussion. but anyhow still say look at the Acer Iconia W3 if you need a small Windows tablet now.
    06-27-13 07:14 PM
    I think we have two different threads. There was a pointless response that I noticed (but did not report - I'm no snitch!) but it looks as if it were cleaned out.
    06-27-13 07:40 PM
    I tried it today

The Playbook web browser allowed me to open Office 365 on the PB
    emailing worked and you can see all your contacts and open them
    opened a word file, it used Docs to go
    FF22 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:43 PM
    My iPad has started to fail on me so I picked up my old playbook that I had sitting in a box that my niece used to use. I wiped it and updated it to the latest 2.1.0.1917 version of the Playbook OS and added an Office 365 account. I used the basic "Email, Calendar and Contacts" option in the "Accounts" settings and plugged in my O365 email ID & password. Gave it a few minutes to connect and sync and everything worked just fine. Calendar Items and Contacts took a little longer to load but after some time to sync everything appeared on the Playbook just as it does on iOS. The email client even supports nice rich text features such as bold and italics and bullet point lists!

No additional software or app required....it just works. I'm not sure if it was always like this....but at least as of right now it does exactly what it should do and with some nice features.
    hreiner1 likes this.
    04-22-14 01:24 PM
    Thank you Jeff, I do the same, Plus I have it installed in the browser as Outlook Web-App - I have my Inbox, calender and all my contacts. This web app is even better as you really can see in all your sub-folders in inbox and in contacts
    a little slow but it works fine when bridged with my BB 9730
    I use it sitting in the bus or train
    The Playbook is still very usefull -
    Greetings from NYC

My iPad has started to fail on me so I picked up my old playbook that I had sitting in a box that my niece used to use. I wiped it and updated it to the latest 2.1.0.1917 version of the Playbook OS and added an Office 365 account. I used the basic "Email, Calendar and Contacts" option in the "Accounts" settings and plugged in my O365 email ID & password. Gave it a few minutes to connect and sync and everything worked just fine. Calendar Items and Contacts took a little longer to load but after some time to sync everything appeared on the Playbook just as it does on iOS. The email client even supports nice rich text features such as bold and italics and bullet point lists!

No additional software or app required....it just works. I'm not sure if it was always like this....but at least as of right now it does exactly what it should do and with some nice features.
    04-22-14 10:07 PM